General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Advent of code 2020

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi Community !

Is anyone participating in Advent of code 2020 using Alteryx ? We could set a private leaderboard.

13 REPLIES 13
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@LeahK 

I think @jdunkerley79 is planning a weekly blog for the Advent of Code Base A this year.

That said, I'm happy to post more threads about my solutions!

Cheers,

Esther

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@LeahK , posts for the first 3 days are created. 🙂

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks @Jean-Balteryx and @estherb47 !

@jdunkerley79 -- I'm sure the Community is looking forward to tuning in to the blogs Esther mentioned -- and it will certainly help encourage more participation here on the advent of code challenge posts as well:  Advent of Code Challenges

Also... @NedHarding is back. enough said 😉❤️

NedHarding
7 - Meteor

Hey everyone!

I got sick of fighting with the paste bug in the text input tool and made a macro to read the input...  It makes it so much easier.

The one issue is that advent of code requires being logged in - we all get different versions of the data!  So you need to get your session ID from your browser and paste it into the macro.  You should only need to do that once.  Instructions are in the macro (screen shot below.)  

Also, I did a neat trick to cache the input locally and it doesn't download each and every time.  This is going to require that you save your workflow before running it, otherwise you might get a File Not Found error.

Feel free to reach out directly at ned (at) thehardings (dot) org if you find an issue of want to improve something.

I'm putting the github link up here in case I make any changes or fix bugs you can always get the latest.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NedHarding/Advent2020/main/AdventOfCodeInput.yxmc

NedHarding_0-1607273535408.png

Labels