General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Advent of Code 2020 - BaseA Style (Day 6)

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Discussion thread for day 6 of the Advent of Code : https://adventofcode.com/2020/day/6

25 REPLIES 25
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Day 6!

Spoiler
AkimasaKajitani_0-1607231845630.png

As anonymous user #1105310

Balders
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Sum_CountDistinct_Concat_DownloadData is my best output field name yet, but I've realised now I didn't need to concat before the tokenise to rows

Screenshot 2020-12-06 051711.png
Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

Another puzzle well suited for Alteryx! 

@NicoleJohnson you're too quick! 

Spoiler
Greg_Murray_1-1607231882447.png

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I feel like this "traveling with large groups of elves through airports" theme is kind of mocking our current world 2020 situation, particularly since I was *supposed* to be leaving for Australia in 10 days (before this dumpster fire year wrecked that plan)... but I have loved these AoC puzzles so far. So I guess you win some, you lose some? 😉

Spoiler
Day6.JPG

Cheers!

NJ

https://github.com/AlteryxNJ/AdventOfCode_2020

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@Greg_Murray  It's a struggle - I've had to convince my 6 year old to go to bed earlier than usual this month so that "Mommy can have her advent calendar too," and I think this is probably going to cause more trouble than it's worth because it turns out 6 year olds do not equate coding challenges as equivalent to chocolate, and "Because winning makes Mommy happy" is apparently not seen as a good excuse for early bedtimes... but DARN IT, I like doing Alteryx fast. ("Go to bed, child!!") 😉

You are giving me a run for my money though, I can feel you right at my heels!!

NJ

Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

@NicoleJohnson I love it! My wife said she can tell its serious because I talk about it the same way I used to talk about basketball when I was playing. Nothing like a little healthy competition!😄

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Definitely one for Alteryx.  @NicoleJohnson - it doesn't get easier when the kids get older.  My only kid left at home is my 17 year old daughter and she and my wife are shaming me for "geeking out over extra credit Alteryx".

Spoiler
AOC 20.6.jpg

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@T_Willins  Yeah, but you're using Christmas colors in your comment boxes! It's festive!!! Tell them to stop being such Grinches... 😉 

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Another challenge well suited to Alteryx. I need to look at @T_Willins solution as it's done with fewer summarise tools.

Spoiler
cgoodman3_0-1607243128152.png

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
Labels