Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Advanced certificate number of attempts limit.

Simha
9 - Comet

Hello all,

Can someone please confirm if there is a limit on the number of attempts on the advanced certification test?

I passed my core certification a couple of weeks ago and looking to take the advanced certification test with a moderate preparation. I read some people saying you get three shots at the exam, so wanted to confirm for sure.

I already know there is a 7 day waiting period between attempts.

Thank you,

Simha

6 REPLIES 6
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It used to be that you get 3 chances in a month, but now I believe it's once every 7 days, but there is no limit on how many times you can attempt the exam.

Simha
9 - Comet

Thanks for confirming @DavidP

Jayasuryan
7 - Meteor

Hi David,

So in that case, if I fail the first two times, and plan to take the third attempt, my Ateryx Designer software will already be expired(14 Days trial). The certification has questions that will require me to work out in the Ateryx Designer software and then answer.

Can you please help on this query.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Jayasuryan 

Yes that is correct. Are we still talking about Advanced or are you talking about Core? You can only attempt Advanced once you have passed Core.

Having said that, if you can pass either Core or Advanced with 2 weeks Alteryx experience (assuming that you do not have previous experience using Alteryx) you’ll be my hero! 

Jayasuryan
7 - Meteor

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am very much new to Alteryx and planning to take the Core certification after my learnings. So from what you have said, I have only 14 days window (i.e) 2 attempts since the software has only 14 days trial. Within this time-frame, I need to complete the certification exam right?

Finally, is there any other way we can extend the trial version for students like us.

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Jayasuryan,

We do have a limit of 1 attempt per week, which is strictly enforced. If you are using a trial license key, and want additional time to attempt the exam, I would reach out to the Alteryx For Good team as they can issue learning licenses. https://www.alteryx.com/why-alteryx/alteryx-for-good
If you have any other certification questions you can also reach out to Certification@alteryx.com or Community@alteryx.com with your questions.

Thanks,
TrevorS

Community Moderator
Labels