Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Adjust number and extract data down

YRichardson12
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I have data in the first row that needs to be broken down (extracted down) to additional rows based on the number in row 1 column Inst 1 (the # 3), is there a way to do this in Alteryx? See image for reference. I had to a concatenate to bring in my data to show the types of Inst Type 1 I had and Businesses,

but now I need to pull them down to get a true count. Help and thank you!

Alteryx Help Needed.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @YRichardson12 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1643303124900.png

Hope this helps : )

YRichardson12
6 - Meteoroid

@atcodeog05 - almost...The column Inst 1 is reflecting all the instructors I have. So really I have 2 Strategic Associates and 1 Training Partner, in total 3. I need to get the column numbers corrected and the names in the last two columns down. Is this possible? The attached picture is what I am trying to get to.

Alteryx Help Needed 01.PNG 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @YRichardson12 

Sorry its not completely clear to me.

YRichardson12
6 - Meteoroid

Sorry. I attached another image to show what I need. Column SA Inst is showing 3, but really this is reflecting for 2 SA's (Strategic Associate) and 1 TP (Training Partner). I need it broken down to correct the SA Inst column and continue to leave the 1 in the TP Inst column. 

Thanks anyways for trying! Much appreciated.

Alteryx Help Needed 03-.PNG 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @YRichardson12 

Are you looking for something like this

atcodedog05_0-1643305286074.png

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @YRichardson12