Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Access column values in dynamic select

faizan-hassan
6 - Meteoroid

Is it possible to access values of a column in dynamic select tool?

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @faizan-hassan 

The answer is No it's not possible. Can you provide us more info on the usecase we will be able to provide suggestions on it.

faizan-hassan
6 - Meteoroid

I want to rename a column based on condition of another column. Lets say if Col A has a value "x" then I want to change the name of Col B to XYZ.

faizan-hassan
6 - Meteoroid

I know this could be done in different ways. The real issue is that I have a situation where I have applied a filter (if true make some changes run the remaining workflow) (if false run the remaining workflow) issue is that I have a transpose tool after this condition with only one input anchor. I do not know how I can run the remaining workflow based on the values of the condition.

faizan-hassan
6 - Meteoroid
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @faizan-hassan 

Can you provide some sample input and expected output it will help us get a better understanding of the usecase.

faizan-hassan
6 - Meteoroid

@atcodedog05 
I have attached a screenshot. First I have a filter that if Col A contains "X" then I want to rename Col B to "XYZ"  and pass on this updated information to Transpose tool else I want to pass on the same values without any change to the Transpose tool.

How can I merge both these outputs in such a way that the data does not get effected. If I use Union I will get both (Col B & Col XYZ) which I do not want. I just want one of these columns in the Transpose tool based on the result of the condition.

Labels