Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Academy Videos - Redirecting to main Community page

jrrodrig66
5 - Atom

Has anyone had the same challenge, where every time they launch an Academy video, they are redirected to the main Community page?

Help!?

5 REPLIES 5
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @jrrodrig66,

That's odd, can you provide a link to one of the videos that's redirecting? Also what browser are you using at the moment?

Alteryx Community Team

For anyone who's running into this issue, we recommend the following:

1) Try clearing your browser's cache and revisiting the site.

2) Try using a different browser to view content that isn't loading correctly. (we recommend Chrome for Academy content)

Yes, I'm having the same issue.  For me the failure mode is that the video will run for about 1 second and then boot me to the main page.  I suspect Alteryx wants to do things to my computer that I have blocked but its not clear what those things would be or why they would be necessary to watch a video.

This has been the case for multiple videos that I have tried to watch, but not all of them.  Here are two examples.

1) Inputting Data into Your Workflow - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Inputting-Data-into-Your-Workflow/ta-p/59059

2) Getting Started Learning Path - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117#done

For #2, I'm able to select the "general" version of the demo and then click to "Let's go."  At that point I'm booted out of the video and sent to the main community page.

I see that this topic is marked as solved but that doesn't appear to be the case from the three comments in the thread.  Let's assume I've cleared my cache and think FireFox is a far superior browser and I don't want to switch to Chrome and be data-violated by Google.  Then what?

ianwi
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Jack48316,

The two links you've provided are actually interactive lessons which include interactive components. I suspect that your issue is caused by some security setting as I can confirm that those lessons are functioning correctly in Firefox.

Hope this helps!

Manusree
6 - Meteoroid

I'm having the same problem right now and I use Chrome.

Labels