Welcome to the new SparkED Group Hub. Before you get started, check out our new program overview video

Student Discussions

Join our discussions about learning Alteryx SparkED Designer and data analytics. Learn, share, and connect with our community of learners.

Join the Discussion | Alteryx for K-12

amais_SparkED
Alteryx
Alteryx

Welcome to Alteryx for K-12! We're so excited you're here and can't wait to see all you accomplish as you make your way through our lessons & course materials.

To kick off the program, we want you to introduce yourselves! Please use this space to let us know a little bit about who you are and answer the following question (you can find this prompt in our Lessons & Course Materials as well):

What are you most excited to learn about data science and analytics?

This might be the first time some of you explore the world of data & analytics, so we want to make sure you know we are all here to answer questions you have and cheer you on along the way.  We are so happy to have you on board.

Annie Mais

Education Program Manager

Alteryx For Good

Education | Social Impact | SparkED
6 REPLIES 6
amaan-rao07
5 - Atom

I am really excited how to simplify big chunks of data!

amais_SparkED
Alteryx
Alteryx

Awesome @amaan-rao07!  Are you thinking of a problem you'd like to solve for? Or have ideas about how you'd like to use data?

@tinhtran Any advice for a new K-12 user? I was thinking some of your students might like to jump in to offer some advice.

Please let us know how you're doing as you continue to learn!

tinhtran
6 - Meteoroid

Whether you're a K-12 teacher or student, the best way to learn more about Alteryx and data analytics is to go through the Learning Path found in the Academy tab of the Alteryx Community.  You'll first need to download the Alteryx Designer software onto a computer so you can follow along with the interactive tutorials.  After you feel comfortable with the tools (or even before that), try to do the Weekly Challenges at the beginner level and then progress upward -- there's no substitute for learning than to do actual problems.  The next step is to consider taking the Core certification exam to validate your skills.  It takes about 3 months

Feel free to private message me if you want more details on the above or have questions.  Good luck.

Tinh

Felipe_Rodriguez
5 - Atom

My name is Felipe. I live in Miami, FL. Next year I'm going to eighth grade. I passed the Designer Core Exam a little less than a week ago and am looking forward to being able to use designer in my computer science class!

amais_SparkED
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Felipe_Rodriguez ! We're so excited for you that you were able to pass Core Certification - such an incredible accomplishment and we can't wait to see where your Alteryx skills take you.

What advice would you have to other students who are going through the Learning Paths and wanting to try becoming Core Certified? What would you say to encourage them to keep learning?

Felipe_Rodriguez
5 - Atom

The most important thing that you can do to pass the exam is the weekly challenges. Of course, you should complete the learning paths labeled “CORE” first, to get a basic understanding of the tools, but the real learning experience comes from the weekly challenges. One good thing to do during the exam is to have the Alteryx-help page and Designer open and ready to go for when you need them. Remember, the test is an open-book test, not open-person, so try to take the test in a quiet and people-free environment. And lastly, if you fail at first, don’t be discouraged. You can take the test as many times as you need to pass. It took me four tries to pass the test, so just remember to study in between tries.

-Felipe