Welcome to the new General AFG Discussions board! For ADAPT questions, please check out our new ADAPT Discussions Board!
We are updating the requirements for Community registration. As of 7/21/21 all users will be required to register a phone number with their My Alteryx accounts. If you have already registered, you will be prompted on your next login to add your phone number.

General AFG Discussions

Make a bigger impact. Our Alteryx for Good Community is all about learning from one another, exchanging ideas, and collaborating.

Educators: How Have You Integrated Alteryx Into Your Curriculum?

amais_SparkED
Alteryx
Alteryx

The Alteryx For Good team is excited to have launched this Community space so now all of our Educators can start to connect, share best practices, and hear from each other how they are using Alteryx to elevate their curriculum. 

While we also encourage you to leverage our Educator Playbook (attached), we'd also love for you to introduce yourself and add your thoughts and expertise so that others can learn from you! 

A few questions to start:

How have you integrated Alteryx into your curriculum?

What impact has it made on both you and your students?

What recommendations do you have for other educators interested in bringing Alteryx to their students?

Can’t wait to hear from you and watch as you interact with each other!

(calling on you @tinhtran to kick us off!)

Education | Social Impact | SparkED
25 REPLIES 25
Present_guy
7 - Meteor

Wow -- 66% that's amazing!

Present_guy
7 - Meteor

Hi April, 

You are a total data analytics rock star! 

Dan 

Present_guy
7 - Meteor

Thanks Kai et al., 

I joined Kai's wonderful "belts" model with Alteryx's designer cheat sheet: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Resources/Designer-Cheat-Sheet/ta-p/371793. Result (attached) shows Kai's wonderful curriculum structure joined with the actions from the designer cheat sheet. There were also some tools in each source that didn't appear in the other (so this included a bit of fuzzy joins and renaming and restructuring). 

Cheers, 

Dan Stone  

KaiLarsen
9 - Comet

This is great, Dan! Good job. I plan to use the first column you added about the tasks each tool is used for in my creation of problem sets. Good way to ensure content validity.

I will share that I do not cover the AutoField tool in my class exactly because datatypes are so hard for some of my students to learn, and this tool allows them to avoid the topic until it hits them in the face (hard) later on, when this tool does not do a good job and they do not understand data types. That said, I consider it a valuable tool, so like that you cover it.

Kai 🙂

rohit782192
8 - Asteroid

How we get the access.

amais_SparkED
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @rohit782192 

You can sign up directly on our website: www.alteryx.com/sparkED

Thank you!

Education | Social Impact | SparkED