Welcome to the new General AFG Discussions board! For ADAPT questions, please check out our new ADAPT Discussions Board!

General AFG Discussions

The Alteryx For Good program is currently being updated to better reflect our organizational values. Please be on the lookout for news regarding our new community presence in the future.
SOLVED

Cass availabilty to someone using a educator's license

bwjones1s
5 - Atom

I am trying to use the CASS tool but it says that it is not installed on my machine.  I have followed all the links to the downloads page that were provided in previous community posts but CASS does not show up to be downloaded.  I am using a educator's license and was curious if this function was available?

5 REPLIES 5
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

CASS is a part of the Data Package associated with spatial data fulfillment. The spatial data, which includes drive time Guzzlers, CASS, and geocoding data is downloaded/licensed as a separate addition to Designer/. 

bwjones1s
5 - Atom

I went to the "Products Downloads" page and went under starter kits for "Spatial Tools" but CASS is not on there as a available tool? Any more suggestions??

bwjones1s
5 - Atom

I am just curious if my license as a student does not allow the us of CASS.  Other posts on the community say that you need a "US Insight Data" license??

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@bwjones1s wrote:

I am just curious if my license as a student does not allow the us of CASS.  Other posts on the community say that you need a "US Insight Data" license??

That is correct. The "US Insight Data" is the new name for the spatial data package. This is a separate download and requires a specific license to use, which I don't believe is included in the student license. 

It might be worthwhile to reach out to the Alteryx For Good program (which provides the student licenses) and double check this information. 

ywang63
5 - Atom

I am on the same boat! I have student license but really need to use CASS data but take a couple of emails and blog readings to even find out how to get the data install link or how to purchase. It is not straightforward enough.