Join us for our first meeting of the Alteryx Student User Group! Review the agenda and register now.

Student Discussions

Join our discussions about learning Alteryx SparkED Designer and data analytics. Learn, share, and connect with our community of learners.

Alteryx in Accounting

chris-jackson
5 - Atom

I'm currently a student, soon to enter the world of external auditing in public accounting. We are learning how to use Alteryx in one of my courses right now, and so far I am enjoying it (though I am grasping it fairly slowly). I am curious how Alteryx might be used in the real world in this field. Any stories or experiences are appreciated! Thank you.

50 REPLIES 50
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @morrislauren15

great to have you! If you're just getting started with Alteryx, I'd recommend checking out the Getting Started Learning Path in the Academy. 

As you get more comfortable -- making an attempt at doing some of the beginner Weekly challenges.

Feel free to post a question in the Discussions section if you need any info, help, or guidance. We have a passionate group of community members who are always looking to support others, so any question goes. 

I wish you luck, enjoy learning & keep us posted.

Cheers,

Steph Vitale-Havreng
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome on board @Pedro_Guzman !

It is also something I really like about Alteryx, it's so user-friendly 🤗!

I would definitely recommend starting with Getting Started Learning Path in Alteryx Academy, and as you get more comfortable -- making an attempt at doing some of the beginner Weekly challenges since you're discovering Alteryx Designer.

Don't forget that we have a lot of great resources to help you through your learning journey. Here is the Exam Prep Guide if you need it.

Feel free to start a new conversation in the Discussions section if you have any questions.  

Cheers,

Steph Vitale-Havreng
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Juan10villagran

Welcome on board! Great to see so much enthusiasm! You're in the right place, you'll meet a lot of Data passionates here in our Community. 

I totally agree with you, it's so user-friendly! 

If you're just getting started with Alteryx, I'd recommend checking out the Getting Started Learning Path in the Academy. As you get more comfortable -- making an attempt at doing some of the beginner Weekly challenges.

Feel free to post a question in the Discussions section if you need any info, help, or guidance.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, and we look forward to seeing you around the community! 

Cheers,

Steph Vitale-Havreng
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Blackbeltxena , 

Thanks for introducing yourself to the Community and welcome to Alteryx family! You're completely right, Alteryx is so easy to use 🤗 Check out the weekly challenges to test your skills and have fun too! Note the "Labels" component on the right - you can sort by tools or by "beginner".

Feel free to start a new conversation in the Discussions section if you have any questions. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, and we look forward to seeing you around the community! 

Cheers, 

Steph Vitale-Havreng
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @joseg419 , 

Welcome on board! You're right, there is so much more to learn 🤗 Don't forget that we have a lot of great resources to help you through your learning journey. Here is the Exam Prep Guide if you need it. I also recommend the beginner Weekly challenges to get more practice and have fun too. 

Feel free to post a question in the Discussions section if you need any info, help, or guidance. We have a passionate group of Community members who are always looking to support others, so any question goes. 

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, and we look forward to seeing you around the community! 

Cheers,

Steph Vitale-Havreng
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @vanessaislas

great to see so much enthusiasm! You're in the right place, you'll meet a lot of Data passionates here in our Community. 

If you're just getting started with Alteryx, I'd recommend checking out the Getting Started Learning Path in the Academy. 

We recently launched an Industry Discussions forum to engage in your specific domain of expertise. You can surely ask the community members about their use of Alteryx in Accounting. 

Feel free to post a question in the Discussions section if you need any info, help, or guidance.

Cheers,

Steph Vitale-Havreng
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @_jeff , 

Welcome on board! 

great to see so much enthusiasm! You're in the right place, you'll meet a lot of Data passionates here in our Community. 

If you want to master Alteryx, check out the weekly challenges to test your skills! Note the "Labels" component on the right - you can sort by tools or by "Advanced" and keep us posted.

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, 

Steph Vitale-Havreng
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey @ZeusRangel 

I agree! Alteryx is a lot of fun 😉 I would say it's extremely helpful for you to learn python not only for use with Alteryx but outside of it too. I just wouldn't hold off on both. You can use Alteryx to learn more about python. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Luke_C
17 - Castor

@andrevvmartinez 

I agree with everything Emil said above. From an accounting perspective Alteryx is definitely in use across all of the Big 4 and probably a majority of mid-sized firms. Alteryx background will definitely help you stand out as you start your career. Even if the group you join is not using Alteryx someone in your firm most likely is.

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Welcome to the Alteryx Community, @Yam_Samauchi!

You will be amazed on how much you can do with Alteryx. In fact, you can take a peek in our Industry Discussions board to see what your peers have been doing in your industry. You can search by your fields of interest such as Financial Services, Office of Finance or Tax & Audit. Let us know if you need any help along the way.

In the meantime, good luck in your CMA exam and happy learning! 

Flávia Brancato