Join us for our first meeting of the Alteryx Student User Group! Review the agenda and register now.

Student Discussions

Join our discussions about learning Alteryx SparkED Designer and data analytics. Learn, share, and connect with our community of learners.

Alteryx in Accounting

chris-jackson
5 - Atom

I'm currently a student, soon to enter the world of external auditing in public accounting. We are learning how to use Alteryx in one of my courses right now, and so far I am enjoying it (though I am grasping it fairly slowly). I am curious how Alteryx might be used in the real world in this field. Any stories or experiences are appreciated! Thank you.

50 REPLIES 50
DeanWest
9 - Comet

Hey @mario_morales ,

Welcome to the Alteryx Community!

When it comes to some of the best practices to learn Alteryx, I'd recommend watching some of the Interactive Lessons located at this link. Those videos will help explain the tools and will provide some quick use-case examples. Another great resource is the Weekly Challenges that are released almost every Monday (link). Those challenges are a great way to practice applying the concepts you learn in the interactive lessons and will help you pinpoint areas where you could improve.

If you utilize both of those resources, you'll be on the right path to becoming a proficient Alteryx user in no time!

Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns!

kelsiescott235
5 - Atom

Hey! I am enjoying learning about Alteryx through my university! Which tools do you find most helpful and used more commonly (especially with those in an accounting profession)? Cant wait to explore more of Alteryx! 

btran8
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have just started learning Alteryx through the academy lessons and have been enjoying it. Although the videos are beneficial, as a new user, what would be the best learning resources one could use besides going through the academy videos?

Thank you!

Blackbeltxena
5 - Atom

My name is Xena Mohammad! I am currently learning about Alteryx and how useful it is in my Accounting Technology course at CSUF. I love how Alteryx makes it extremely easy to link different types of data files and apply them in different ways to analyze the data in a simple manner. 

joseg419
5 - Atom

I am a student at CSU Fullerton and about to graduate. Throughout my whole years I have never heard of Alteryx up until now in my current "Emerging Technologies in Accounting" class. I look forward to see how I could make use of this at my current job. So far I have become familiar looking at interactive lessons, but I know there is so much more to learn. 

- Jose Gonzalez

vanessaislas
5 - Atom

Hi everyone, my name is Vanessa and I am currently learning how to use Alteryx in my Emerging Technologies in Accounting course at CSUF. I'm very excited to be a part of this community and to learn to be effective in the workplace with the use of advanced software like this. For those of you who already have a job in accounting, how often do you use Alteryx? 

Hello fellow users! I've just started learning Alteryx through one of my college courses. Looking for any tips and tricks to becoming more comfortable with the platform. Also curious what functions and tools of the software are most useful for the accounting field in specific. 

Joel_M
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

My name is Joel and I just started using Alteryx for my college course. I finished some beginner modules and I was wondering if you guys had any tips for a beginner like myself? 

andrevvmartinez
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am a college student enrolled in a course that utilizes Alteryx. I wanted to ask how common is it to use Alteryx in the workplace? Could I utilize this program to my advantage as I start a career in Accounting?

_jeff
5 - Atom

I'm Jeff, a student at Cal State Fullerton studying accounting. I'm a new user, and I'm enjoying learning new ways to utilize Alteryx. I'm looking forward to experimenting and mastering Alteryx!