Welcome to the new SparkED Group Hub. Before you get started, check out our new program overview video

Student Discussions

Join our discussions about learning Alteryx SparkED Designer and data analytics. Learn, share, and connect with our community of learners.

Alteryx in Accounting

chris-jackson
5 - Atom

I'm currently a student, soon to enter the world of external auditing in public accounting. We are learning how to use Alteryx in one of my courses right now, and so far I am enjoying it (though I am grasping it fairly slowly). I am curious how Alteryx might be used in the real world in this field. Any stories or experiences are appreciated! Thank you.

50 REPLIES 50
TN_99
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I've enjoyed learning some of the basic Alteryx tools through my university classes. I was wondering what interactive lessons would be good for an Alteryx novice?

Thanks!

richrcono
5 - Atom

Hello my name is Richard Condor and I am a student at California State University, Fullerton. The modules are very good at explaining how to use the different tools of Alteryx and I enjoy how interactive they are. This will be helpful when I carry it over into the workplace.

Brandon2
5 - Atom

Hello Alteryx community! I'm currently studying all kinds of programs that'll help me in my future career as an accountant! These modules are extremely helpful due to the fact that they're interactive to make sure we understand what can be utilized in the program! I can't wait to analyze data with Alteryx. 

I have a question for the veteran users of Alteryx, without the use of Alteryx, what would have been the most challenging and time consuming thing you had to do? 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @TN_99,

i would start with getting started, Alteryx for excel users and writhing expresions but i would Entourage  you to Check them all.

alteryx is amazing tool and interactive lessons are great to learn about it potential.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @alexvpugliese,

In my opinion Alteryx is amazing tool and If you are working with data or plan to do that in the future then I would definitly invest my time (No money is required as only last cerification isn’t free) in order to learn it.

Alteryx is also quite popular in US so you might have some possibilites to actually find a job that will allow you to use those skills.

Nowadays being data fluent person can give you an edge on the job market even If you wouldn’t work as a data analitycs in the future.

Just to summarize Alteryx is a great tool and If you are planong to work for a corporation you can have amazing career thanks to it.

gwen_nguyen6
5 - Atom

Hello, my name is Gwen Nguyen and I'm a student at California State University, Fullerton. I'm new to Alteryx and I love the interactive lessons so far. I look forward to learning and exploring new Alteryx tools.

morrislauren15
5 - Atom

Hi everyone, my name is Lauren! I’m studying accounting at CSUF, and I look forward to becoming more familiar with Alteryx. This is my first formal use of Alteryx, but I have been briefly introduced to it twice before! I love the ease of use and the color-coded tools.

Pedro_Guzman
5 - Atom

Hello, 

My name is Pedro.  I’m studying Business Administration with an accounting concentration at CSU. I look forward to learning and using Alteryx. This is my first use of Alteryx and I'm very impressed with how user-friendly it is. 

Best,

Pedro G. 

Juan10villagran
5 - Atom

Hello Alteryx Community,

I'm currently a college student at CSU Fullerton with a concentration in Accounting. I never knew about Alteryx before taking my Acct 404 class. I'm glad I have the opportunity to utilize the software as it is user-friendly and provides many helpful resources to learn from. The software makes tasks that are time-consuming much more efficient and organized. Wishing to learn more about this software. 

mario_morales
5 - Atom

I just started learning about Alteryx and I'm enjoying learning about it so far. When it comes to interacting with data I've usually always found myself using excel and over time you learn some best practices when interacting with the data. I'm wondering what are some best practices to learn early on as I become more familiar with Alteryx?