Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Ft. Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL

Welcome to the Fort Lauderdale - West Palm Beach, FL User Group

TR
8 - Asteroid

Hello, New User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the Fort Lauderdale - West Palm Beach, FL User Group Community. Welcome!

• What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  • How long have you been using Alteryx?
  • Do you utilize other major softwares (other than Microsoft Office) with Alteryx?
  • What is your favorite hobby and what Alteryx Tool would best describe you?

Thanks for joining us! We look forward to growing the group both online as well as in person via our user group meetings.

12 REPLIES 12
erigal
6 - Meteoroid

My Name is Erika Rigal and I work in the Automotive Aftermarket industry.

I have been using Alteryx for about 3 1/2 years, in conjunction with heavy use of Tableau and some less frequent use of Microsoft Excel (now that I have great tools like Alteryx & Tableau to work with! :) ).

Our organization also utilizes Alteryx Server and we have deployed a few Alteryx Apps to non-Alteryx users through the Company Gallery we have with our Server license.  It has helped tremendously with freeing up our time for more intense analyses within the organization.

My favorite hobby is calligraphy.  I have always been fascinated by handwriting and the art it can entail.  The Alteryx Tool that best describes me is join tool!  I like to bring commanilities together to see what else they can bring to light - whether it be better communication, more robust information about a topic, or even in expanding a circle of friends.

I look forward to meeting everyone in our area at the User Group meeting on September 8th!

Matthew1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi! My name is Matthew.   I am currently working in the Medical Billing industry.  I have been a statistical analyst/programmer in a variety of industries for 25 years.  Most of my career I have been using SAS but have recently started using Alteryx.  Currently using Alteryx with SQL Server SSRS/SSAS and will soon start with Tableau or PowerBI.

I play music (guitar/sing) in my spare time and my tool would be Unique!

Looking forward to meeting others in S Fla... see you on the 8th.

Matthew 

tomdougherty
5 - Atom

My Name:  Tom Dougherty

Current Industry:  Insurance

Past Industries:  Newspapers, Corporate Banking, Nielsen Analytics

Have been using Alteryx:  < 1 year

Use Tableau and Alteryx

My favorite hobby is:  Fitness and outdoor sports

Alteryx tool that describes me:  Filter (because I'm a filter of data interpretation)

5altwatercowboy
5 - Atom

Howdy!

My name is Travis and I work in the automotive industry.

I have utilized Alteryx for about two weeks now in conjuntion with Teradata. My intentions are to learn much more about this tool and how to source other major platforms over the course of my future.

As my username suggests, my favorite hobbies include fishing, shooting and enjoying the outdoors.

What Alteryx Tool best describes me? TBD, unless you count "( ? ) Alteryx Help" as a tool! ;)

JHalfon
5 - Atom

Hi,  I am new to South Florida/Fort Lauderdale and was looking for an Alteryx users group to get involved with.  Is this group still holding meetings, etc.?

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @JHalfon, we had some recent changes in the leadership structure but are still happy to try to plan meetings. Super high level question, would you be interested in helping to coordinate those meetings? Coordinating meetings is very easy, I work with you to determine the time, date, and location. I'll work with the leaders to announce those meetings to the rest of the group. 

JHalfon
5 - Atom

Hi Lauren,  Thanks for the fast response.  Sure, I'd be ok with helping out to set up, and possibly host, some meetings in Fort Lauderdale.  -Jeff

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @JHalfon, awesome. I'll schedule some time for you and me to discuss. 

If anyone else is interested, please reply to this thread!

TR
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @LaurenU! I'm still monitoring the User Group and appreciate your continued awesome help during the transition/refresh of leadership. Miss ya'll and will plugin and am working on catching up with you guys in the future ;)