Free Trial

Forum

Trouvez des réponses, posez des questions, et partagez votre expertise d’Alteryx.
TIPS de la semaine

Chaque semaine, découvrez de nouvelles astuces et bonnes pratiques pour devenir un expert !

Voir l'index

Urgent: Update Rows in output Table Using Workflow Field

Djaber
Météore

Hello everyone, 

Please do you know how can i update a field in an SQL database using results of the workflow ?

Example: update destination set Name = Workflow.Name  where Id = Workflow.id 

Is it a limitation of Alteryx ? no it's a basic operation !! but i don't know how can i make it..

Thanks in advance 

Capture.JPG

6 RÉPONSES 6
carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Djaber how are you?

if i undertood what you need, you can config this in the OutputData when you set to save in database.

In picture you can see 4 options:

carlosteixeira2005_0-1580315450384.png

Output Options - where you need config the metod to upload data in Database (in your case UPDATE)

Append Field Maps, where you mapping each field

Pre Create SQl - where you can put a query before execute update

Pos Create a SQL - where you can put a query after execute update

if i don't understand please let me know.

Best Regards

Carlos A Teixeira
Djaber
Météore

@carlosteixeira  Thank you for your response,

Actually i'm using the two first options you mentionned( insert/ update if not existe and  append field maps)

But my destination is not indexed ( There's no Primary Key )

My problem is that i dont know how to use values from the workflow ( Transformations ) in the post create SQL

Have you an idea of how can make it 🙂

Best Regards

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Is your table too big to drop and create again?

Carlos A Teixeira
Djaber
Météore

I thought about that but it will impact the performance of workflows and i said that its a simple operation how it can be not possible on Alteryx in post SQL

StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Merci @Djaber pour ta question et ton retour ! Je suis sûre qu’elle aidera d’autres utilisateurs.

Ce forum est en langue française, je t'invite donc à écrire de préférence en français.

Si tu préfères l’anglais, aucun problème, tu peux poster ta question sur le Forum anglais. Merci à toi !

Steph Vitale-Havreng
Inactive User
Non applicable

Bonjour @Djaber,

Avez-vous regarder les outils In-DB

Étiquettes