Free Trial

Forum

Trouvez des réponses, posez des questions, et partagez votre expertise d’Alteryx.
TIPS de la semaine

Chaque semaine, découvrez de nouvelles astuces et bonnes pratiques pour devenir un expert !

Voir l'index
RÉSOLU

Optimisation

ineselfehem
Météoroïde

Hello,

I have a little problem about the optimisation of a workflow.

how to replace the process of making a union between several files by loading alteryx file by file?

isn't there a method that can replace manually loading files?

knowing that the proud are repatriated to 4 folders and each folder contains 4 files.

so in all I have 16 files to load and then make the union between them

since they have the same structure. I tried with DIR to access the directory and then with dynamic input but it didn't work,

maybe I don't know how to use these two tools Could you help me please ?

3 RÉPONSES 3
carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @ineselfehem.

You can read all files at once, as long as they have the same structure.

Use the input data tool and in the file name use the coring character in the file name, like this:

carlosteixeira2005_0-1579282469796.png

carlosteixeira2005_1-1579282519977.png

carlosteixeira2005_2-1579282624371.png

I hope this help you

Carlos A Teixeira
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

hi @ineselfehem,

multiple possibilities with a problem like yours.

If you have files in one directory, you can use as @carlosteixeira said an input tool with a wildcar (*.extension), but it  needs to have the exact same format.

On the other hand if you have files which may change for the format, you can use a directory tool and then a batch macro which will not be as sensitive on the format and allows you to read multiple files without the same format, basicaly it's multiple input tools followed by an union. You can read more about this in this topic, if you need any help, feel free to ask!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-Multiple-Fi...

StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Merci pour ta question @ineselfehem ! et pour vos réponses @Ladarthure et @carlosteixeira

Si ces réponses t'ont aidé, n'hésite pas à "Accepter comme solution", elles aideront surement d'autres utilisateurs.

Steph Vitale-Havreng
Étiquettes