Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
Free Trial

Forum

Trouvez des réponses, posez des questions, et partagez votre expertise d’Alteryx.
TIPS de la semaine

Chaque semaine, découvrez de nouvelles astuces et bonnes pratiques pour devenir un expert !

Voir l'index
RÉSOLU

Minimum-distance Spanning Tree

Gottfried
Météore

Hello,

I am looking for a way to run a minimum-distance spanning tree algorithm in Alteryx. I would start with an input table listing all edges with 3 columns: [vertex 1], [vertex 2], [strength] (or distance or cost...). The goal would be to obtain the output table with the same format corresponding to the pruned optimal spanning tree (minimizing or maximizing the strength). I would then send it to the "Network Analysis Tool" to obtain a pretty force-graph.

A typical algorithm for that is "Prim's Algorithm" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prim%27s_algorithm).

• Does anyone see a way to perform this nicely directly within Alteryx?
  • Would you agree to support the idea that this could be a great in-built option for an improved Network Analysis Tool?

Best regards,

Gottfried

14 RÉPONSES 14
Gottfried
Météore

Salut Stéphane,

Si je veux orienter des utilisateurs vers ta super macro (la dernière version), quel lien je leur envoie ?

Merci.

Gottfried

StephaneP
Alteryx
Alteryx

Salut,

Soit le lien de cette discussion en leur disant de bien prendre la dernière version du workflow Prism s algorythmv3.yxzpMinimum-distance Spanning Tree 

Soit directement le lien de téléchargement de ce workflow: Prism s algorythmv3.yxzp 

La macro est intégrée dans ce workflow exemple. Elle se trouvera dans le répertoire où se trouve le workflow dézippé.

Je trouve cela mieux d'avoir le workflow avec la macro car on voit comment cela fonctionne.

La community est en accès libre, n'importe qui peut y avoir accès.

C'est bon ?

Stéphane

Stéphane Portier
Sales Engineer
Alteryx
Gottfried
Météore

Parfait !

Merci.

ebarr2
Atome

I"ve been looking for something like as well, thank you for the hard work!  Trying to create a sort of "path analysis" or customer journey using mapping and weights,  I'm hoping this will help.  At a minimum, it was fun putting each portion of the conversation into google translator and learned a little about spanning trees and French! :)

StephaneP
Alteryx
Alteryx

Ah Ah. Happy it helps and you have fun with it.

If you have any idea of what you are expecting, try to explain it. Create a new post 'with maybe a reference to this one and maybe we (the Community) can help ?

That should have been very fun this translation part 😀

Salut @ebarr2 

Stéphane Portier
Sales Engineer
Alteryx
Étiquettes