Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
Free Trial

Forum

Trouvez des réponses, posez des questions, et partagez votre expertise d’Alteryx.
TIPS de la semaine

Chaque semaine, découvrez de nouvelles astuces et bonnes pratiques pour devenir un expert !

Voir l'index
RÉSOLU

HELP : blocking Issue to convert a date

Greg49
Atome

Hello,

i am facing a blocking issue while trying to convert export date. After a first workflow my Export date appears as follow (dd/mm/yyyy).

clipboard_image_2.png

Yet i am already surprised that it is not considering this date as the maximum (as it should be) but the one of last week:

clipboard_image_3.png

We were converting it to dd/mm/yyyy 

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_0.png

But we are receiving following error afterwards:

clipboard_image_4.png

I also tried DateTimeParse:

clipboard_image_6.png

And i face the following error:

clipboard_image_7.png

Thank you for your support

4 RÉPONSES 4
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

hi @Greg49,

in your cas,e you use the french date format, for alteryx, it is a string and not a date, to have it as a date you must transform it, ther eyou have 3 possibilities:

• use a datetime tool which will create a new field and create a date base on the field you want to transform
  • use a formula tool and the formula datetimeparse to transform it into a date
  • use a multi_field formula to change the time + a datetimeparse formula

The only thing is if you have multiple formats in one column, then you could use regex or filters to apply you treatment.

Find attached a sample workflow

if you want further help, could you provide some sample data?

Hope it helped

Greg49
Atome

Hello Ladarthur,

That's exactly what i was doing originally during several weeks. I mean i was converting it with Convert Date dd/MM/yyyy

But as i mentionned i received the error message shown in my original message.

Then i also tryed the dateTimeParse formula... in vain. With the second error message below

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_0.png

Any suggestion ... what could be the root cause ?

clipboard_image_2.png

clipboard_image_3.png

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I see you ahve one date in a proper format (yyyy-MM-dd) what may work is to use a filter on your field date with the one containing " / " and the one containing " - " and then do 2 different treatments, finally union the whole data and use the results.

Attached an example

Greg49
Atome

Good tip !! I am checking it. thank you

Étiquettes