Free Trial

Forum - Deutsch

Suchen Sie nach Antworten, stellen Sie Fragen und teilen Sie Ihr Alteryx-Wissen.

Machine learning - Max 1000 Features

kuehner_DB
Meteoroid

Honestly, you limit the number of features to 1000 ??

kuehner_DB_0-1598361300074.png

Professional machine learning models have more than often more than 1000 Features, why the limit?

Cheers Tom

9 ANTWORTEN 9
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @kuehner_DB,

the key here is "professional machine learning models" - Alteryx isn't a professional ML modelling tool. It's more for business users and semi-advanced ML experts. In most scenarios where you have 1000+ columns, you are using some sort of NLP-techniques that generate huge amounts of columns. Alteryx isn't really for these scenarios.

However, I see three options here:

1) Test the Expert mode:

grossal_0-1598361636953.png

2) Use a Select Tool and allow only 999 columns - Generate a Model and export it to Python:

grossal_1-1598361834019.png

After your Python-Export, you can try to add the missing columns.

3) Use the Python-Tool and go directly to a more professional package, such as Keras / PyTorch to handle your request.

Let me know if this helped.

Best

Alex

kuehner_DB
Meteoroid

I am rather a R user instead of Phyton programmer ...  but I like to do the data prep in Alteryx and would be happy to do my modelling here as well ....

I can reduce the features by running a simple model in R, analyse the variable importance and feed that back to Alteryx.

But this is an rather cumbersome process ...

I would like to understand the restriction, Alteryx is quite powerfull in handling big data, we limit it?

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

You can also use the R-Tool and reuse all your R-Code with it! Did you take a look at it?

grossal_0-1598373437995.png

Maybe someone from the Alteryx Developers can explain the decision for a restriction. From my point of view: There is just no need for it. A business user won't create a model with more than 1000 columns. 

kuehner_DB
Meteoroid

Yeah, I had a look at it, I don't realy like it, I can't just copy paste my code into the node, you need to adapt quite a bit and installing libraries isn't that comfortable. Than it's just easier to read in the data in R and do the modelling there.

I am not doing NLP and in most CRM cases it's easy to produce more than 1000 features.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

So the main question is to find out which features are important and than use the Assisted Modelling for the rest?

Maybe take a look at the Data Investigation tools. There are several tools to find out which features are a good choice for your prediction.

StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hallo @kuehner_DB ,

vielen Dank für Ihre Frage! Dieses Forum ist jedoch in deutscher Sprache und ich lade Sie herzlich ein auf Deutsch zu schreiben.

Wenn Sie Englisch bevorzugen, keine Sorge, können Sie Ihre Frage gerne im englischen Forum posten.

Vielen Dank und einen schönen Tag, 

Steph Vitale-Havreng
kuehner_DB
Meteoroid

Sorry, aber ich hatte noch nicht mal bemerkt das es jetzt verschiedene Foren gibt. Mir wurde nur häufiger das englische Forum auf deutsch übersetzt angezeigt ...

StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hallo @kuehner_DB

Alteryx bietet 5 verschiedene Communities an: English, Deutsch, Französisch, Spanisch, Portugiesisch und Japanisch !

Sie können sehr gerne sowhol auf der englischen als auch auf der deutschen Community Ihre Fragen stellen. 

Und war diese Antwort von @grossal für Sie hilfreich? Wenn Ihnen die Antwort geholfen hat, können Sie diese als „Lösung akzeptieren“. Sie wird sicherlich auch anderen Benutzern helfen!

Danke!

Bis bald, 

Steph Vitale-Havreng
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Kein Problem @kuehner_DB. Ich helfe dir gerne auf beiden Sprachen :')

Speichere dir gerne einfach das deutsche Forum in die Lesezeichen (Link), dort halte ich aktiv Ausschau nach Fragen und versuche diese so schnell wie möglich zu beantworten 😃

Viele Grüße und ein schönes Wochenende!

Alex

Beschriftungen