Free Trial

Forum - Deutsch

Suchen Sie nach Antworten, stellen Sie Fragen und teilen Sie Ihr Alteryx-Wissen.
GELÖST

Dynamically determine number of User-Subscriptions

Desa19
Meteor

Dear Community,

I have a summarized list of Subscribers(User-IDs) with the corresponding history of subscriptions (validity from date -Till date ). In the Workflow attached i have summarized the rows of subscriptions to just one unique row per Subscriber, each subscription now represents a column, the number of columns grows dynamically with time based on number of subscriptions.

However there are 2 issues i am yet or unable to solve:

1- How to avoid repeating the same subscription period on different columns for same user. Though this represents a realistic scenario based on the data (since some Users subscribe for 2 different products within same time frame or sometimes just due to errors while trying to subscribe), I however would like to avoid a repetition of same subscription period in another column, examples are the cases with Users 242 and 297.

2- How can I include a column that dynamically determines the number of subscriptions a User has made till date based on the Subscription history of the user?

I very much appreciate your contributions. 

* The Input sample and Workflow are attached 

2 ANTWORTEN 2
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Desa19 

you were really close to the solution, only three more tools were needed.

1) Unique Tool to remove the duplicates

2) Summarize Tool (before transposing) to count the subscriptions

3) Join tool in the end to bring them together

(and I added a browse tool in the end ;-))

I have added the tools to your sample workflow.

If this solved your problem, please mark it as a solution or drop another question if it did not solve it.

Alex

PS: You are right now in the German forum 😉

Desa19
Meteor

Hello Alex,

first of all thanks a lot for your assistance and the smart proposal, it just exactly solves my problem.

I must admit that sometimes it is better to think with less complexity, I am quite embarrassed that I could not figure using a simple Grouping and frequency tool (Summarize), then ultimately do a join 🙂

Best regards

Desa

Beschriftungen