Free Trial

Forum - Deutsch

Suchen Sie nach Antworten, stellen Sie Fragen und teilen Sie Ihr Alteryx-Wissen.
GELÖST

Alteryx not responding / freez

df
Asteroid

Hello,

i have a problem with one of my workflows.
Everytime i change something i get a 3-5 minutes freez / not responding of alteryx.

The hardware of the machine is 32 gb ram and good cpu. So i think its not a hardware problem.

The workflow (the yxmd file) is 4,4 megabyte - is this to large?

Are there specific tools that causes this freezes?
Like: i am using a lot of the "comment tool" to comment big areas.

When i add a new workflow in the same designer window i don't have this issues.

What could i do to stop this no responding problem?
I just reistalled alteryx with a new version. Problem was fine for some days but now i have the same problem again.
In the task manager the resourcec are also not used to the limits (maybe 20%).

Thanks 🙂
And we

3 ANTWORTEN 3
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @df,

this shouldn't be a resource issue. Please visit your options, go to the advanced tab and see if you have the Auto Configure Option disabled. Disabling the Auto Configure improves performance a lot.

grossal_0-1599471193500.png

You will need to refresh the tools in the workflow manually from time to time (press F5), but that's it. You could also use the 'Cache and run' option to cache parts of the workflow that are already done.

Let me know if this solved your problem.

Best

Alex

PS: This is the German forum 😉

df
Asteroid

Hallo Alex,

danke. Der erste Vorschlag funktioniert sehr gut.
Was ist/macht denn "Auto Configure" was ich gerade disbaled habe? 🙂

Und gibt es irgendwo sowas wie einen Einstellungs Guide wo man sowas nachlesen könnte?

Viele Grüße

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Wenn ich es richtig im Kopf habe, werden Metadaten immer kontinuierlich durch Alteryx weiterverarbeitet. Sprich bei jeder Änderung prüfen alle Tools ob sich etwas für sie geändert hat. Bei großen Workflows kann das allerdings zu Performance Problemen führen.

Am leichtesten findet man die Antworten zu jeder einzelnen Einstellung in der Dokumentation - diese gibt es sowohl im deutschen, als auch im englischen.

Die entsprechende Stelle zu dieser Einstellung findest du hier:

https://help.alteryx.com/de/current/designer/user-settings (Erweitert -> Automatische Konfiguration [ca. auf der Hälfte der Seite])

Ich persönlich schaue oft auf die englische, weil die Übersetzung nicht immer optimal ist. Diese würdest du in dem Fall hier finden:

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/user-settings (Advanced -> Disable Auto Configure)

Grüße

Alex

Beschriftungen