Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Tax, Audit + Office of Finance

Welcome to the new Finance Alteryx User Group!

MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Finance AUG.png

Hi! I'm Madeline Johannsen, Customer Advocacy Coordinator here at Alteryx. I'm so thrilled to be supporting this new Finance Industry User Group, and to be able to help coordinate virtual User Group meetings for anyone around the world to attend. This finance user group is for anyone who works with money in their data. Maybe you're in the finance or accounting department at your organization, or maybe you use Alteryx to analyze tax and audit data. Perhaps you work at a bank or are a consultant in the financial sector. No matter who you work for or what your title is - if there's money in your data, this user group is for you.

We're currently looking for User Group Leaders for this group to assist with moderating the meetings and helping with back-end logistics during the planning process! If you're interested, send me a message and I'll share more on the requirements :)

In addition to advocating for the wonderful Alteryx Community, I love hiking, camping - basically, if I'm outside, I'm happy!

What are you passionate about? What are you excited to learn from this new User Group? Comment below and introduce yourself. Welcome to the group!

7 REPLIES 7
ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@MaddieJ Finally I am Glad that you have launched a group for Finance! Looking forward to interacting with all the peers in the finance group throughout the world.

Thank You!

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)

Alteryx ACE | Alteryx For Good India Lead | Bengaluru Alteryx User Group Lead
MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@ydmuley, I'm so glad to hear that you're excited! It'll be a great group. Every organization has some sort of Finance or Accounting department, so I can't wait to see users from all industries join the conversation and learn from one another!

Sidey1978
8 - Asteroid
Wow @MaddieJ this is just the user group I was hoping for.

I have lots of automation potential with my finance team at work. I'm excited to see what other users are doing. Hopefully I'll have some useful work to share too.

Looking forward to it.

iamdata
8 - Asteroid
I attended the finance breakfast yesterday, met a few other users in similar industries. Brilliant that Alteryx held this!

It's great as up till now, I had no idea we had other users in finance. Yes I deal with money, but my main issues also involve investment fund codes and also tracking sinking loans. I managed to built some pretty large workflows with branches on branches, but since the event I'm going to make my codeblocks more elegant. I will keep watching the group to see what progress/ideas come.

The main thing I picked up is documentation is vital, it actually helps you cleanse and revisit what you have made, it's pretty much a 2 in 1. Review and document!

Exciting to revisit and rebuild my old workflows. (User for 5 months)
princejindal
9 - Comet

You are right @Sidey1978, there is so much in finance and accounting automation. This group will provide a great platform to learn and share

adrianloong
11 - Bolide

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty passionate about this sort of stuff coming from a CPA background and would love to join in some of these discussions.

Some really fantastic use cases of alteryx in finance here

Thompson Reuters

Automated month end close process  - extraction from oracle GL and other source systems ; map and join multiple data sources and apply finance rules.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Use-Cases/Month-End-Cost-Assurance-Review/ta-p/162247

Honeywell

Alteryx server saves 2000 hours of manual work / month end

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Use-Cases/Alteryx-Server-Saves-Over-2-000-Hours-on-Manual-F...

Forest Harper

Billing operations – automation

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Use-Cases/Automated-Reconciliation-Tool-for-End-User-Billin...

Automated sales forecasting

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Use-Cases/Saving-Over-75-Hours-Day-with-Automated-Forecasti...

Lvasu
Alteryx
Alteryx