Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Engine Works

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-tos.
DanHare
11 - Bolide

UPDATE 15th May 2023 – new versions!

Thanks to all of the 500+ people who have downloaded the connectors, and we’ve heard great feedback.

We have updated the connectors as follows:

As before, there's documentation on how to get them going, and we’d love to hear your experiences, please.

We’re very excited to announce our Continuum ChatGPT connectors for Alteryx, turning Alteryx users into the World’s best “Prompt Engineers” almost before the job title was invented.

As an Alteryx partner of 7 years and the last UK partners of the year, we’ve loved bringing no-code cutting-edge data skills to information workers whilst still feeling that the data revolution was never quite here, always one more corner away.

My previous career was writing endless SQL stored procedures, then having a team write them for my clients and me.  Whilst bespoke vs. off-the-shelf is seductively good value initially, after a while, familiarity breeds contempt – no one enjoys the estimate for Data Warehouse v2.6. I learned my lesson and looked for the best no-code data software to build a business upon. Then I found Alteryx – hallelujah!

Continuum has since built a practice on Alteryx, but AI has been the 2 letters that dare not speak their name for most organisations. Until now…

Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you will be aware of the Chat GPT AI buzz – indeed, if you are a Continuum client, your Season’s Greetings email was co-written with Chat-GPT and Dall-E 2.

We’ve been providing AI connectivity via Alteryx to some clients for their Real-World data for 5 years now, but many organisations find it hard to build Machine Learning models when they don’t even trust their current and past data!

It should come as no surprise then that we’ve built the first Alteryx connectors for ChatGPT, and we love it for its sheer flexibility – whilst GPT is undeniably a “jack of all trades and master of none,” if you ask the right questions, it’s astonishing, and Alteryx lets you turn your own data into the perfect prompt.

The tools are published on the Gallery here:

• Completions: Ask your questions!
  • Edits: very useful for turning incomplete text into grammatical English.

So, why now, why free, and why encrypted?

• Now – well, if not now, then when?  Finally, now is the time that data and AI get recognition, and Alteryx is the best way for real companies to connect to tomorrow’s services.
  • Free – it’s great to give back to Alteryx’s amazing Community that we’ve learned so much from. Don’t sell our workflows please though, that’s just rude. What we do ask is that people share their experiences on the Gallery, we love the idea that we have no idea what use cases people will try!
  • Encrypted – GPT is a bit tricky. We supply these tools at the user’s risk, please don’t confuse people with different outputs.
  • Share –We’ve posted them to the Gallery, and there are some videos here showing use cases.

Have fun with the connectors –please share your wins with the world to demonstrate what Alteryx can do, and if the connectors lack something let us know via the Gallery and we’ll stick it on the stack. Please get involved - we’ve been waiting for the future, and here it is.

Comments
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice one, Daniel!

DanHare
11 - Bolide

Cheers Chris, have a play and let us know what you get up to !

IAJ1966
7 - Meteor

This looks great Dan!

Might be interesting to get together and create some SAP-centric use cases too!!

DanHare
11 - Bolide

@IAJ1966 - Maybe even demonstrate in a webinar too ? 😀

DanHare
11 - Bolide