community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engine Works Blog

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-to's.
 You are using an unsupported browser for translation. Please switch to another browser.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Back in July Alteryx released Alteryx for Visual Analytics; a version of Alteryx Desktop specifically tailored to deliver data natively to Tableau Software.  Since then I have begun to explore what Tableau is all about and in my opinion the two products are a beautiful pairing:  Alteryx allows you to do all of the preparation, heavy lifting, cleaning, blending and reformatting of your source data; and Tableau provides you with beautiful interactive visualizations and dashboards of that data.

Read more...

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

A few months ago I wrote about an experiment using TomTom’s Geocoder API.  Well, after a bit of time and a few requests, we decided to conduct a new experiment and try building out a reverse geocoder, only this time it would be specifically built for the desktop (no API involved). 

Read more...

Asteroid

As I am drawing to a close in exploring interactive charting in Alteryx, I wanted to create a macro for the people who say “Can’t I just have it now?”

Read more...

Asteroid

I have been working on a blog post that is going to integrate a variety of different aspects of Alteryx together to paint a larger story. As I have been building towards it, I have run into a variety of challenges that have grown into blog posts in their own right. It started with Weighted Medians and continued on with Downloading from TIGER. Today I ran into a very common problem – I needed to process records in groups. The solution I outline is extensible to any macro; it should be a useful technique for any data artisan.

Read more...

Asteroid

Continuing the series prototyping HTML based visualizations, I want to look at spatial data. One of the strengths of Alteryx is that spatial data is just data. It doesn’t claim to be a GIS product, it just assumes that every organization has spatial data and would like to process it with the rest of their data and specifically they don’t want to have to use multiple products to do it.

Read more...

Labels