community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engine Works Blog

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-to's.
 You are using an unsupported browser for translation. Please switch to another browser.

Asteroid

Food Deserts, areas that are a longer than normal distance to grocery stores, have been an ongoing topic in politics and demographics for a while now. I first heard about the concept when Rahm Emanuel started talking about it in his run for mayor of Chicago. I have continued to see articles and blog posts about it and every time I think that Alteryx would make it much easier to create a more nuanced analysis.

Read more...

Asteroid

In the last 2 weeks, I have introduced (as a prototype) the idea of embedding HTML visualizations into Alteryx. If you have not read them you can read Part 1: JSON Data Output and Part 2: HTML5 Visualizations. In last week’s post, I explored a generic HTML 5 output tool and a sample visualization based on NVD3. Although I was able to return a very nice visual from NVd3, all interactivity was lost. This week I want to show a prototype with the interactivity working the way it should in NVD3.

Read more...

Asteroid

Last week I introduced potentially new visualizations for Alteryx based on HTML5 and its associated parts like JavaScript and SVG. I started with a macro to write JSON data files from Alteryx. This week I continue the prototype with a macro to actually render HTML 5 into an Alteryx report.

Read more...

Asteroid

I am working on a prototype for Alteryx of some new charting/visualization ideas. For most prototypes we do the audience would be strictly internal, but this time I am going to try something different. As I move forward developing the prototype, I am going to be sharing it with the readers of this blog in order to get as much feedback as I can as early as possible in the process.

Read more...

Labels