Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Engine Works

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-tos.
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It’s been a long time since I blogged on Engine Works. I was the first one to post on Engine Works back in 2008 to announce our blog and we’ve seen some really great content come out of it. Since the re-launch of our super fantastic Community  we have seen a surge in readership and have been able to maintain an impressive cadence of delivering some intriguing content as it relates to our wonderful product and innovative culture. 

But we are certainly not the only ones blogging about Alteryx. We have plenty of clients, ACEs, partners and employees who are inspired enough about Alteryx that they are blogging on their own, defining best practices in the analytics world with the technology the Alteryx team is pouring their heart and soul into. So I would like to take a moment to direct your attention to the outside bloggers and give them the kudos and readership they deserve. All the while reminiscing about 2015…it has gone by way too fast…

January

Because we all like a good re-cap of the previous year and what the trends suggest for the year ahead.

2015: Predictions for Big Analytics

February

Ron House @ronh_allaboutgis has been a long time Alteryx user and he was the first to blog about Alteryx. In February he started a compelling discussion about Alteryx and GitHub.

Alteryx and github - A Place for Sharing Great Ideas (and Macros)?!

March

Thank heavens for the Information Lab - they have so much great content! Since everyone wants to know the Alteryx equivalent to doing something in Excel, check this one out.

Alteryx 101 for Excel Users

April

This one made me smile. A good throwback makes you reflect on your former big hair days and questionable fashion choices. This fit the bill on both - Thanks @Ned

#TBT – Alteryx 1.0

May

How cool is this?! @chris_love built an Enigma Machine. Go ahead, send him a secret message on Twitter.

Alteryx – The Enigma

June

Because 3 words: Automate, Tableau, Alteryx. @FredericP

How to Automate Data Refresh Operations to Tableau Server with Alteryx

July

I watched this whole presentation because not only is it an interesting use case, but the premise of learning a product like Alteryx, or any software for that matter starts with a simple analytical need. When the data is personal, the journey becomes much more meaningful.

Alteryx + Tableau: Visualising a Simpler RunKeeper Training Plan

August

@Ken_Black has a wonderful site full of very rich content and pretty deep ponderings. Not only do we have an affinity for Alteryx in common, we also think Rich Roll is pretty special.

#Alteryx Devours Another Real-World Problem

September

One of my favorite mantras when it comes to Alteryx - this time from the reigning Alteryx Grand Prix Champ @jarrod

Don’t Repeat Yourself

October

The most popular Alteryx macros reside on one of my favorite colleague's blog. Before @AdamR_AYX became one of our lead developers, he was an Alteryx user. He knows the product in a such a unique way, that he can solve for problems from so many angles and of course he also has the power and know-how to actually make the changes in the software when he discovers a limitation. 

Crew Macro Pack - 2015 Q3 Release

November

Yes! The perfect analogy to approaching data challenges. Adrian Loong's @adrianloong blog is insightful and easy to read.

Using Alteryx and Tableau to overcome the data quality challenge

Concentra has been blogging up a storm starting in November, tackling a comprehensive series on the Alteryx R Tool:

http://concentra.co.uk/opinion/introduction-alteryx-r-tool-part-1

http://concentra.co.uk/opinion/introduction-alteryx-r-tool-part-2

http://concentra.co.uk/opinion/introduction-alteryx-r-tool-part-3

December

Who needs a list of web content for Alteryx and Tableau?

Best of the web for Alteryx , Tableau and AWS Redshift

And of course there is our CTO, Ned Harding @Ned, who is constantly Inspiring Inginuity. His latest post piqued the interest of many of our power users on what Alteryx is capable of.

Alteryx: New in 10.1 – HTML SDK

I can only wonder what is in store for 2016. Be sure to keep an RSS feed on the following sites:

+ The a**3 Blog
+ Optimizing Alteryx Blog
+ 3danim8's Blog
+ The Information Lab Blog
+ VizWiz Blog
+ The Big Analytics Blog
+ Chaos Reigns Within
+ Inspiring Ingenuity
+ Journey into Analytics 

+ Concentra Blog

Insights Through Data

+ Sciolistic Ramblings

Sculpting Data

James Dunkerley's Blog

Did I miss any Alteryx Bloggers? Please let me know in the comments below.

Tara McCoy

Tara McCoy is the Creative Director at Alteryx. Since joining Alteryx in 2004, Tara has held roles in Product Management, Content Engineering, and Community where her focus has always been on delivering an amazing product experience with Alteryx. From designing product icons and community badges, procuring excellent swag, concocting engaging contests, and crowdsourcing content from internal and external Alteryx advocates alike, Tara is dedicated to the Alteryx brand and wants everyone to experience the thrill of problem solving with Alteryx.

Tara McCoy is the Creative Director at Alteryx. Since joining Alteryx in 2004, Tara has held roles in Product Management, Content Engineering, and Community where her focus has always been on delivering an amazing product experience with Alteryx. From designing product icons and community badges, procuring excellent swag, concocting engaging contests, and crowdsourcing content from internal and external Alteryx advocates alike, Tara is dedicated to the Alteryx brand and wants everyone to experience the thrill of problem solving with Alteryx.

Comments
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

here is mine :)

http://artisantechno.com/

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Nice, @s_pichaipillai - I'll add you to our list!

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

thanks Tara :)

Tharashasank
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

@s_pichaipillaithe link you mentioned is not working.