Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Engine Works

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-tos.
ned_blog
8 - Asteroid

Now that Alteryx 5.0 is finally out the door, my team and I finally have a chance to breath. Once again, the team did an amazing job. I believe that Alteryx 5.0 is the best release yet. The team that brought this release involves a whole lot more than development, so the list of people to thank is getting bigger all the time.

1st, a big thank you to the development team. I could not do this without Linda, Rob & Kurt. Linda gets extra props for doing anything and everything for the last few weeks to get the product tested, built and out the door. Rob gets extra props for fixing the last minute install bug after we thought we were done and the rest of us were on vacation. Thank you, you guys make me look good.

How on earth could we do this without the products team. Tara came back from having a baby straight into a stressful release cycle and was amazing. Nothing would happen in Boulder without Amy. She is the anchor that keeps the rest of us going. And Rob, the newest member of the team, had quite an awakening about just what it takes to release a huge package like Alteryx, but jumped in with a great attitude and was really helped with testing. Thank you.

Another big thank you to everyone who helped test. The data and professional services team are HUGELY appreciated for helping with the regression tests. In particular a big thank you to Bill - without your help the Calgary link tables would be much worse. Lots of other people in other departments help with our testing blitzes at the end. It is them you can thank for running such a quality product.

I would also like to thank the Web Core team, in particular Ian. They are becoming a major consumer of Alteryx and driving us to improve in all kinds of subtle ways. It is a pleasure working with you guys. Many of the improvements in the next year will be driven by them.

As they say, it takes a village to raise a child. Similarly it takes a whole company to produce a great product. SRC has a fantastic group of talented people and it is a please working with all of you. Thank you for your time and efforts. We couldn't focus on making a great product if we didn't have such a great team backing us up.

And last, but certainly not least, I want to thank all of our users, in particular our beta testers. I won't name any of you, but without customers, Alteryx doesn't exist. For Alteryx 5.0 we got the best feedback from beta testers ever. We also have been getting more and better feedback from other customers. Every one of the new features is in response to something you guys requested (ok demanded).

Thank you,

ned.