Engine Works

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-tos.
NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

macro_maynia.png

Alteryx macros are really powerful; they allow users to make new Alteryx tools with Alteryx workflows. If you'd like to learn more about macros and the differences between the three main types of macros (standard, batch, and iterative) - stay tuned to this blog throughout the month of May, or as it will come to be known - Macro May-nia!

manic.PNG

We'll kick things off on May 1st with an introduction to standard macros from Alteryx ACE @Treyson.

Then, in the spirit of #MacroMonday, each Monday in May will feature a different post explaining the difference between standard macros, batch macros, and iterative macros - with an analogy! We're a little obsessed with competition over here, so we thought we'd make it interesting. Vote for the analogy that you find most compelling by starring the post. Whoever gets the most stars on their post between Christine, Joe, Sydney, and myself wins!

What do we win?

... we haven't figured that out yet. We're open to suggestions, but bragging rights will probably be enough.

Mark your calendars, here's the schedule:

Monday, May 6 @SydneyF Sydney knits together a macro analogy your grandma could understand
Monday, May 13 @JoeM Macros... loads of fun!
Monday, May 20 @ChristineB Macros... a piece of cake!
Monday, May 27 @NeilR (me) Macros in coding terms
Neil Ryan
Sr Program Manager, Community Content

Neil Ryan (he/him) is the Sr Manager, Community Content, responsible for the content in the Alteryx Community. He held previous roles at Alteryx including Advanced Analytics Product Manager and Content Engineer, and had prior gigs doing fraud detection analytics consulting and creating actuarial pricing models. Neil's industry experience and technical skills are wide ranging and well suited to drive compelling content tailored for Community members to rank up in their careers.

Neil Ryan (he/him) is the Sr Manager, Community Content, responsible for the content in the Alteryx Community. He held previous roles at Alteryx including Advanced Analytics Product Manager and Content Engineer, and had prior gigs doing fraud detection analytics consulting and creating actuarial pricing models. Neil's industry experience and technical skills are wide ranging and well suited to drive compelling content tailored for Community members to rank up in their careers.

Comments
papalow
8 - Asteroid

@NeilR Bragging rights are good.  

Are voters restricted to a single vote?  Or can we vote early and vote often?  :)

Looking forward to the posts.

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@papalow I suppose you can vote for more than one blog, but I don't think it's possible to star an individual post more than once :)