Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Engine Works

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-tos.
ned_blog
8 - Asteroid

Today we are going to take a break from technical posts about Alteryx. Work, software and data is a huge part of our lives, but at the end of the day, there are some things that are more important.

At our Extend conference this year, Erik Weihenmayer was our keynote speaker. I think I can speak for most everyone there to say that we were all very moved listening to him speak. I can't even fathom climbing Mt Everest, let alone doing it blind. Erik is an amazing individual and left all of us wondering how we could do more for the world.

After the conference, we got an email from Erik inviting us to participate in his Adventure Team Challenge. It is an adventure race involving a mixed team of able and disabled athletes in the mountains of Colorado. Of course we had to say yes, even before we knew what we were getting in to. Take 5 minutes out of your day to watch the video from last years race. This really is an amazing event with some amazing people.

So now we get to the request. You knew it was coming, didn't you? Putting on an event of this kind takes a lot of money. World TEAM Sports is doing an amazing job bringing people who thought their athletic lives were over into the wilderness. We have to raise a bunch of money to participate in this event. So, I am looking for donations to World TEAM Sports to support our team. For any donations over $75, I will send you a really cool Alteryx bike jersey. I'll even give you a jersey for a $65 donation if you pledge it by April 19th – please tell me your size. Contact me at ned@alteryx.com to make your pledge. WTS is a non profit, so all your donations are tax deductable. I am sure for donations large enough, we could arrange free seats of Alteryx or just about anything else. 😉 Really anything will help for this great cause that I really believe in.

To Make a donation:

Email me at ned@alteryx.com to pledge and we can work out the details, or:

Make out a check to World TEAM Sports and mail it to:

Ned Harding
Alteryx, LLC
3825 Iris Ave Suit 150
Boulder, CO 80301

Don't forget to include your Jersey size: Women's or Men's S-XL