Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Engine Works

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-tos.
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Think you want to write a blog on Engine Works? Awesome! I’ll run through some of the guidelines and expectations here.

The Engine Works Blog goes back to 2008 when Alteryx developers were looking for a place to share their experiences with the Alteryx Engine - the powerhouse that runs your workflows, macros and apps. We used it as a vehicle to explain what was possible - and what wasn’t. We explored new technologies, and what to expect on our roadmap. The content has always been varied, with the intended focus to allow our internal teams to communicate with our users on every level of the technical spectrum.

Since the launch of Community, we’ve allowed a handful of our ACEs and super-users to share a technical journey on Engine Works. Others have expressed interest to do the same, and so I thought I’d share the process in case there are community members that would like to contribute.

Step One

Reach out and send me a message on community @TaraM - Let me know you want to blog. Pitch me an idea or 5. Feel free to submit a draft if you are ready. I can also help you brainstorm.

Step Two

Based on our initial discussion, I’d like to see a draft. The draft is your vision and it is YOUR experience that our readers will connect with.

Step three

I’ll probably make some recommendations and give you an idea when it will go live.

Step Four

We’ll publish it, you’ll share it with your social networks, and we’ll all be famous 😉

Contributors wantedPirate.png

We are always looking for rich content for our community. Individuals that can demonstrate Alteryx proficiency and are willing to share their knowledge are more likely to be recognized in the ACE program. If the format of blogging doesn’t float your boat, you could try your hand at a Tool Mastery article for the knowledge base – a series where you can also earn badges and accolades. In fact, if it is Community ‘booty’ you are after, check out this week’s exercise, and solve it in your ‘best scurvy pirate speak!’

Tara McCoy

Tara McCoy is the Creative Director at Alteryx. Since joining Alteryx in 2004, Tara has held roles in Product Management, Content Engineering, and Community where her focus has always been on delivering an amazing product experience with Alteryx. From designing product icons and community badges, procuring excellent swag, concocting engaging contests, and crowdsourcing content from internal and external Alteryx advocates alike, Tara is dedicated to the Alteryx brand and wants everyone to experience the thrill of problem solving with Alteryx.

Tara McCoy is the Creative Director at Alteryx. Since joining Alteryx in 2004, Tara has held roles in Product Management, Content Engineering, and Community where her focus has always been on delivering an amazing product experience with Alteryx. From designing product icons and community badges, procuring excellent swag, concocting engaging contests, and crowdsourcing content from internal and external Alteryx advocates alike, Tara is dedicated to the Alteryx brand and wants everyone to experience the thrill of problem solving with Alteryx.