Engine Works

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-tos.
TanyaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Gallery Data Connector Updates

Hey everyone! As I'm sure you know, Gallery updates happen off-release schedule, so we wanted to provide a way for all you wonderful people to know about these changes!

WHY ARE YOU CHANGING THINGS?!?!?!

Hey now! That's a fair question, but there's no need to yell. No one likes change, but we promise, we had to do this. We're changing the Cognitive Services Text Analytics tool because:

• Microsoft is deprecating the Topic Detection functionality
  • the tool does not meet Alteryx UX standards

What does that mean for me?

If you're not using Topic Detection, nothing!

If you're using Topic Detection, Microsoft is no longer supporting that capability. So our API connector can no longer connect to that capability. So you don't have that capability. So your workflow is broken. I'm sorry.

If it helps, the puppy feels bad for you tooIf it helps, the puppy feels bad for you too

For the UI changes, you will now see a more consistent experience. So that'll be nice for you.

If I don't update, what happens? Does the tool break?

It doesn't actually! So long as you're using the other functions, you can keep on using the old version.

If I do update, what happens? Do I have to reconfigure the tool?

You will. Your credentials don't pass between the two versions, so you will need to reestablish those if you choose to update.

Does the updated tool look different now?

Does it ever! I mean, kind of. So, with the feature deprecation, this...

Say goodbye...Say goodbye...

is not there. That's all that's different.

But the work we did while we were in there means that this big blue box of text...

More like "Big Blue Box of What"More like "Big Blue Box of What"

is not there anymore. We shoved that information in the Help where it belongs. So now the tool looks cleaner and, if you want to look at Microsoft's documentation, it isn't going to open in a window in Designer. It will open in your browser, like it should.

I want to update! Where do I find the tool download?

That's wonderful! You can update your tool right here on the Cognitive Services Text Analytics tool gallery page.

Tanya Stere
Product Manager - Server

Tanya Stere is the Product Manager supporting Alteryx Server, looking to make sure ideas make it from the white board to your desktop. She primarily works to make Server match your needs.

Tanya Stere is the Product Manager supporting Alteryx Server, looking to make sure ideas make it from the white board to your desktop. She primarily works to make Server match your needs.