Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Engine Works

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-tos.
TanyaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Gallery Data Connector Updates

Hey everyone! As I'm sure you know, Gallery tool updates happen off-release schedule, so we wanted to provide a way for all you wonderful people to know about these changes!

WHY ARE YOU CHANGING THINGS?!?!?!

Well, we're changing the Cognitive Services Text Analytics tool because we wanted you to have a more robust tool that requires fewer updates!

What does that mean for me?

Well, some fields have slightly different names. They do the same thing, just wanted to let you know. And this new more robust connector is only available for 11.7 and later versions of Designer.

If I don't update, what happens? Does the tool break?

No, but it won't be protected against future updates to the API, so it might in the future.

If I do update, what happens? Do I have to reconfigure the tool?

Yes, but it will be the last time you have to reconfigure for a long long long long time.

Does the updated tool look different now?

It looks a little different, but only in the "what a nice configuration panel layout" kind of way.

Look at that field grouping!Look at that field grouping!

You've convinced me to update! Where do I find the tool download?

That's wonderful! You can update your tool right here on the Cognitive Services Text Analytics tool Gallery page.

Tanya Stere
Product Manager - Server

Tanya Stere is the Product Manager supporting Alteryx Server, looking to make sure ideas make it from the white board to your desktop. She primarily works to make Server match your needs.

Tanya Stere is the Product Manager supporting Alteryx Server, looking to make sure ideas make it from the white board to your desktop. She primarily works to make Server match your needs.