Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Dublin, IRL

Welcome to the Dublin User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

Weekly exercise #3

Carlos_A
8 - Asteroid

Hello all,

This week we'll step up a level for an intermediate exercise. In preparation for the Inspire convention on the 13th/14th of September, we will start an Alteryx Grand Prix Lap, these are exercises the developers created to prepare competitors for the Grand Prix, so next week's exercise will continue the work done on this one.

The task:

You are the commissioner for your fantasy baseball team. You recently completed your draft and you want to run some simple statistics about each fantasy team.

You have 3 inputs

1) Fantasy pick summary from your draft

2) Hitter stats on all field players (whether selected in your draft or not)

3) Pitchers stats on all pitchers (whether selected in your draft or not)

Objective:  In order to run some stats on your draft, you first need to prep your data. Please combine all 3 files so that you have a single output that contains stats on each player drafted in your draft, ordered by "Overall_Pick."

I've attached the workflow to this post, and as always, I'll post the developers solution next week. Good luck!

3 REPLIES 3
Ollie
7 - Meteor

Thanks for posting Carlos. This is my solution.

Carlos_A
8 - Asteroid

Fantastic Ollie, very efficient solution, mine has a bit more to it but you seem to have done things in a smarter way.

Carlos_A
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

Here is the solution to this week's exercise, hope you all enjoyed it. Join us on the next one to continue with some analytics on this dataset.

Carlos