Welcome to the new General AFG Discussions board! For ADAPT questions, please check out our new ADAPT Discussions Board!

General AFG Discussions

The Alteryx For Good program is currently being updated to better reflect our organizational values. Please be on the lookout for news regarding our new community presence in the future.

What is Alteryx doing to engage with the military veteran community?

usmcdfeld
5 - Atom

I was wondering if Alteryx has considered engaging the Military 

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@usmcdfeld,

First of course is a thank you for your service.  While I am not an employee of Alteryx, I believe that I can attest to their desire to engage the US Government to support our veterans.  I have spoken with Dean Stoeker ( @dstoecker  ) , one of the founders of Alteryx about this very subject.  He's reached out to offer assistance to help with the growing epidemic of veteran suicides.  Alteryx has a robust initiative, Alteryx For Good, that you can reach out to at AlteryxForGood@Alteryx.com or you can find a link to their website here:  https://www.alteryx.com/why-alteryx/alteryx-for-good .

Maybe you could provide the AFG team with some guidance so that they can help to bring available resources to supporting our Vets.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Timothy_Eaton
5 - Atom

As a member of the veteran community myself, this topic hit home for me. It would be interesting to see how the VA's systems and the corresponding VA CRM programs could be improved through a partnership with Alteryx. 

Although I have no power to influence such a change in an organization of that size. 

I might be able to mention something next time I am there. 

Tim. 

Leeia_I
9 - Comet

Hi! 

I can't answer your question, but I am also interested in this. I did IT work while in the Navy, and I've personally felt like there weren't enough resources for veterans in tech. Everyone was more than willing to give me a job that would either be unrelated to my background or would be underemployment for my skill set (i.e. cashier, housekeeping). 

Things are beginning to change, but there is still a huge gap. I think that Alteryx could really make a huge difference in helping veterans get more skills relevant to the civilian workforce.

If any of the employees are reading this, I'd be more than happy to give input and suggestions if you guys decide to connect with veterans. 

amacisaac
Alteryx
Alteryx

I am sorry I did not see this posting earlier.  One way Alteryx is working to engage the military veteran community is through the ADAPT program.  Here is a story about a US Navy Veteran who used APADT to build her analytics skills. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alter-Nation/Rising-Above-with-ADAPT-Meet-Leeia-Isabelle/ba-p/60758... 

We know other veterans and even active-duty military are participating in the APDAT program and we are looking at ways to expand that engagement. 

Please reach out with any questions.

Andy MacIsaac
jaygarcia
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi team, as Andy mentioned, through ADAPT which grew into our SparkED Education program, we're able to engage and assist our military/veteran community. The program helps military service members (past and transitioning) and military spouses with free access to Alteryx, a powerful analytics automation platform that is widely used in the business world. Through SparkED for Military, this community will learn how to use Alteryx to solve real-world business problems and gain valuable skills that are highly sought after by employers. They also have access to our Alteryx Community, home to thousands of data analytics experts, user groups, a job board, and other helpful resources. When they complete the program, they'll be able to show visible proof of their skills mastery through credentials that can range from Micro to Advanced.

Applicants applying to the program have two options, the DoD SkillBridge Track and the Independent Learner Track.

If applying for the DoD SkillBridge track, they will receive access to an Alteryx Designer License for 180-days. This track is for transitioning service members that have been approved to participate in DoD SkillBridge by their military service command.

If applying for the Independent Learner track, they will receive access to an Alteryx Designer License for 90-days. This track is for veterans, military spouses, and active-duty service members that do NOT qualify/approved for DoD SkillBridge.

There is no fee to participate in the SparkED for Military initiative, nor is there a fee for customers to connect or hire SparkED for Military participants. This creates a win-win situation for all parties involved. All veterans, military spouses, reservists, and national guard can apply for the Independent Learner track regardless of when they transitioned out of the military.

DoD SkillBridge Track: SparkED + DOD Skillbridge: Equipping you for a Career in Analytics (alteryx.com)

Independent Learner Track: SparkED for Independent Learners (alteryx.com)

If you have any questions, please reach out:

Jay Garcia

jay.garcia@alteryx.com 

SparkED Education Program Manager

Military Affairs

Best,

Jay Garcia
Sr. Education Program Manager – US West & LATAM | SparkED
Head of SparkED for Military & Veterans Program
California, USA | M: +1 916.212.5017 | jay.garcia@alteryx.com