Welcome to the ADAPT Discussions board! Please use this location for general questions regarding the ADAPT program. For technical questions, please check out the Designer Discussions Board. For AFG general questions, please check out our new General AFG Discussions board!

ADAPT Discussions

Discuss and build your skills with others who have been impacted by COVID-19.

Select Tool Drill

KirstyHarvey
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

Does anyone know where I find the Select Tool Drill (as suggested to complete on Day 5, Week 1 of ADAPT? I have searched, but can't locate it - is it an exercise?.....

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
cs11
8 - Asteroid

Try the following:

go to this site: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117#done

on my computer this brings up a screen with a video and a large arrow titled 'resume'; click on resume

you should now see a list down the left hand side; click on 'select' in this list

this should bring up a page that has 3 boxes on the right hand side: 'interactive learning', 'tool mastery', and 'try it!'; click on 'try it!'

that should result in download of a file - click to save the file and then run the file in Alteryx Designer

It is also useful to go to 'help' in Designer and take a look at the 'sample workflows', so for example, look at the sample workflow for the Select Tool (under Help.Sample Workflows.Learn One Tool at a Time.Preparation.Sample); this will not be the same workflow as the one listed above, both will be useful.

KirstyHarvey
8 - Asteroid
Ah! Thanks a million - I got a little side-tracked by the use of the word ‘drill’ 🤣🤣🤣

They should have put a link in there as they did for all the other material!

Guess it’s still in it’s early stages....

Thanks again,

Kirsty

Sent from my iPhone