Welcome to the new SparkED Group Hub. Before you get started, check out our new program overview video

Independent Learners Discussions

Reskill for a competitive advantage in the job market. Access hands-on practice and get certified.

Join the discussion | Share SparkED Program goals!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome Career Changers participants!  We're excited for you to start your journey with Alteryx, and would love to ask you one question before you get started.

What are you hoping to ultimately attain by participating in the ADAPT program? Is it to add a new skill to your professional toolkit, to jump start a new career path, or something else entirely?

Thinking about this before you start is a great way to keep your focus as you work through the tasks contained in the program. Each of you will have a different goal, but everyone will be working through this together; so share your thoughts in the thread below!

**Just a note! You’ll see reference to our “ADAPT” program in thread. The ADAPT program was an initial COVID-response to help upskill those who had recently lost their jobs due to the pandemic. Because of the success of that program, it has evolved into our new Career Changer program – open to anyone looking to upskill themselves with data analytics through Alteryx.

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx
156 REPLIES 156
AFG_Team
Alteryx
Alteryx

@BijayKumar@jmathews@Vikash_kumar@ChuckTokyo , @thomas22hn@Frederick_Zoreta@KirstyHarvey:

Welcome aboard, all of you! We are thrilled to have you on board.

@ChuckTokyo: I wanted to point you to our Tokyo User Group. It would be a great resource for you as you're in the area.

For the rest of you, there are most likely User Groups in your areas as well, and we encourage you all to join and network.

Please let us know if you have questions as you go through the program!

Zanna
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

Thanks for the heads up on the use cases.  I will revisit. The Excellence Awards caught my attention... and well, I kinda, uhmmmm, kinda got focused on what they had achieved... and spent the majority of the time there. (-:

The discussion groups are interesting. Many perspectives and so much wisdom. I love the podcasts: Alter Everything! Great speakers!

I am looking forward to the May 21 talk. It is great to see that Alteryx is always on the move forward. With so much to explore, there is never a dull moment!

Suzanne

Pranjal_20
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you to start this course and giving a free licence key for 90 days..It will benefit many beginner like me to learn and achieve the Core certification. Excited to start the journey... 

DuelG01
5 - Atom

Thank you Alteryx for allowing me to participate and engage in the ADAPT program.  I am so excited to broaden my knowledge base and hone my skills.

I am from an operational background in the food service industry and am currently furloughed as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.  What a fantastic opportunity you are giving me to learn a new skill set and pivot with my career.

I look forward to seeing where this journey will take me and am so excited to join this community!

Garth Duel

nayaksubhankar
6 - Meteoroid
Hello! I will be graduating my bachelor's degree this year. I have been into the analytics field recently via internships. Alteryx is a versatile tool I have come across numerous analytics workflows on the web and I have been eagerly waiting to add it to my tool box! Am extremely grateful that Alteryx for Good has come up with this initiative and the interactive curriculum that doubles the fun. All things apart, this community! So active, so huge. Am excited and elated. This ADAPT Program is a blessing to people like me who are new to the analytics world. 🙂
fanpro
7 - Meteor

Hello Adapt community,  I have worked in industry for many years and always been a heavy user of data and crunched through massive data sets using various tools but always wished I had something better.  Alteryx looks to be that better tool so I am ready to learn and gain new skills for the next phase of my career, whatever that might be!

Cheers,  -Chris

AFG_Team
Alteryx
Alteryx

@fanpro @nayaksubhankar @DuelG01 @Pranjal_20 

Welcome aboard! We are all so excited to have you participating in ADAPT and can't wait to see where this journey takes you.

Are there any data projects you are excited to work on? Is there anything our Community might be able to help you with?

Just let us know!

htrivedi123
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone, 

I have a background in workforce planning, operations management, process improvement, data management & FP&A type environments.) I would like to pivot my career in to analytics process automation using Alteryx. ADAPT program is very comprehensive and i am looking forward to taking 1st certification attempt tomorrow. 

Thanks,

Hardik

DaniMacena
5 - Atom

My background is as a Software Developer but I am pivoting my career to Data Science. I just finished my Master in Data Analytics and I got a job as Data Analyst.

The main goal of entering in the ADAPT is to improve my skills and eventually increase my network  

I am excited to have the opportunity to participate in the ADAPT program !

Dani

nayaksubhankar
6 - Meteoroid

@AFG_Team

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am currently working on a project in the field of display advertising. It's my first Big Data project and am exploring options to analyze this petabyte scale of data. Alteryx is one such solution am exploring. And once am acquainted with the tool via the ADAPT Program I would definitely love to explore what the tool offers for Big data analytics.

Cheers ~Subhankar