Welcome to the ADAPT Discussions board! Please use this location for general questions regarding the ADAPT program. For technical questions, please check out the Designer Discussions Board. For AFG general questions, please check out our new General AFG Discussions board!

ADAPT Discussions

Discuss and build your skills with others who have been impacted by COVID-19.

How you are approaching it?

Paul123
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone, I am going through fundamental course of ADAPT.I am in week 1 Day 2 which includes list of alteryx items explanation.On listening to lectures I tend to forget as there are many explanations.

So I just wanted to ask how you guys are approaching the course,what methods can be taken to make maximum use of it.

Along with it when one should start trying weekly challenges?

But most importantly I just wanted you all to share how you guys are going with the course?

Have a great time!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Leeia_I
9 - Comet

Hi @Paul123 !

I don't focus so much on remembering every single thing; I focus on remembering WHERE to find those things. The test is open "book", so you will have the option to look around. Here, you can see that if you click on the tools, they give you a brief description. "See Example" gives you an even deeper example.

LeeiaI_0-1592049185435.png

A common issue some students find is that their progress is not tracked. For this, I added each day in my Google tasks, and I just check them off as I go. I can keep a steady pace by assigning myself to do a set number of lessons each day. 

As far as challenges, I say go for it! I started on them by week 3. For now, I'm sticking to the ones with the "Beginner" tag. I like to look at other people's solutions after I complete the challenges. Not everyone completes them the same, so I like to get an idea of how people are thinking and how they're optimizing the process. I say go for the challenges if you can! I personally prefer the hands-on approach!

I also like to spend time here helping others in the community as much as I can. Helping others helps me stay sharp and helps me better remember things. 

Hope these are some useful tips!

Leeia

Paul123
7 - Meteor

@Leeia_I Thanks for this. Its been a long time and I have been stuck in week1 day2 learning path as it includes a brief discusssions of all tools.I am getting stuck and confused so came here.And were you able to solve practice questions like Capstone project at first ?

All the best for you!!!Hope you stay motivated and help others ..Thanks for reply!!!

Leeia_I
9 - Comet

If you would like, please send me a private message, and we can set a time to work on it together.

sar_copp1
6 - Meteoroid

Have you managed to pivot the engagement data in the capstone project? I am stuck at the first hurdle so cannot work it out. Any help appreciated.