Welcome to the ADAPT Discussions board! Please use this location for general questions regarding the ADAPT program. For technical questions, please check out the Designer Discussions Board. For AFG general questions, please check out our new General AFG Discussions board!

ADAPT Discussions

Discuss and build your skills with others who have been impacted by COVID-19.

How does the Predictive Analytics course fit with the Alteryx Advanced Certification?

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I was chatting with @Zanna about the ADAPT program offering and she brought up a great question that I thought would be helpful to share with a larger audience and capture the perspective of our community experts.

How does the Predictive Analytics course (offered through Udacity) fit with the Advanced Certification?

@JoeM @ElizabethB -- care to chime in?

10 REPLIES 10
JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The advanced certification expands upon core certification with the addition or reporting, macros, apps, spatial, and increasingly complex problems. There is no predictive analytics tested through the advanced certification. However, we constructed the partnership with Udacity so you could be ensured to fly your skillset in the form of a Nanodegree earned through Udacity. The Udacity nanodegree is a project based training program. As such you will be able to walk away with a solid predictive portfolio, a capstone project, and a degree earned!

Once you get more comfortable with predictive outside of Udacity, we have our 'Predictive Mastery' exam we are aiming to bring online in the near future.

Zanna
6 - Meteoroid

Alteryx Rocks!

Thank you, again, for the ADAPT Program and all the training possibilities.

Cheers!

Gualigee
8 - Asteroid

Hi @

Can you introduce more about the 'Predictive Mastery' exam?

Is it above Expert certification?

I only passed Core. Do I need to pass Advance to understand the course in 'Predictive Mastery' provided by Udacity?

I saw Udacity can offer one-month free access. Under ADAPT, I can have 30 day free access, too. Are they the same thing or, in theory, I can have two month's free access?

Thanks. 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @JoeM ,

Thank you for all your work !

Do you plan on bringing all mastery exams online ? If so, will the Expert one be brought online too ?

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Jean-Balteryx wrote:

Do you plan on bringing all mastery exams online ? If so, will the Expert one be brought online too ?

We are working to bring them online in 2020 -  Expert will be the first to come online! 

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Gualigee wrote:

Can you introduce more about the 'Predictive Mastery' exam?Is it above Expert certification?

The Predictive Mastery is an exam focused on testing the predictive analytic competency with much rigor and depth whereas the expert exam will test all facets of the product - from spatial, to predictive, to macros, to apps, to developer tools and more! The Designer Expert will cover the entire breadth of the product but will not test each competency deeply. The predictive mastery tests only a subset of the platform but at a much greater depth. 

I only passed Core. Do I need to pass Advance to understand the course in 'Predictive Mastery' provided by Udacity?

Our advanced exam touches only on a few tools used by Udacity - our Core exam should set you up with all the foundational knowledge to participate in the course!

Clarus19
7 - Meteor

Cool, 

I am focusing on where my feet are right now which is core.( I am loving it ) but my next question is once this structured rod to core closes what will be my path to gaining the knowledge needed to pass the second certificate. Also look forward to udacity once I am done with core ! 

Leeia_I
9 - Comet

@JoeM ,

Do you think it would be realistic for someone to be able to pass the advanced certification after completing the Udacity portion?

Leeia

Clarus19
7 - Meteor

Thats a good question.  I the class is the bridge then doing what we are doing now we would have a good chance.  Hope all is well with you.