Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Watch Ozzie code!

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Tomorrow - Wednesday, February 7, 2018 starting at 11AM MST - @Ozzie will live-stream his use of the Python SDK as he spends his Innovation Days building his enhanced version of the Download tool. Return here to watch him via Twitch. And say hi or ask him questions in the chat room!

Watch live video from alteryxDev on www.twitch.tv

13 REPLIES 13
dataMack
12 - Quasar

Thanks for posting- can't wait to see this.   If @Ozzie is looking for additional suggestions to highlight the PythonSDK, I might suggest taking up this idea from the dev space community: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Dev-Space/Connect-to-Essbase-Alteryx-11-0/m-p/113392  in which it was suggested to build a custom connector tool for Essbase by leveraging essbasepy https://github.com/jasonwjones/essbasepy

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Watch the 5+ hours of Ozzie coding below. At some point we'll look to splice out some useful nuggets as training content.

Watch Developing an Alteryx tool using the Python SDK from alteryxDev on www.twitch.tv

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Ozzie,

This is great thank you for sharing. I am sorry I missed the live session.  I would love to see one on the HTML SDK and I am signing up for Twitch today!

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Thank you @NeilR for setting this up. I would love to see more videos like this posted.

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

This is really cool.  Is there a chance that this will become a regular event?  I've followed the Twitch stream.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@StephenR & @andrewdatakim - thanks for your feedback - we will certainly try to make this happen again!

BrianO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This was awesome! Huge thanks to @Ozzie for sharing with us!

I learned a lot, and I'm not nearly a developer.

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

really wanted to watch, is this locked down to USA or is it my org internet?? Cheers, S*

#Alteryxrocks
Ozzie
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Samanthaj_hughes twitch isn't locked down by region its most likely org internet. :(