Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Unable to connect to Alteryx Gallary through Python API.

rsamineni
6 - Meteoroid

I’m trying to connect to Alteryx Gallery using the Alteryx API through python programming.

But it always failed to connect and return the error “'message': 'The provided signature(oauth_signature) is invalid.'”.

I double check the API key and secret, and I was able to connect to the Gallery interactively with same key and secret “https://gallery.alteryx.com/api-docs/”. 

C:\Users\Employee\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe C:/Users/Employee/PycharmProjects/tmp/AlteryxGalleryAPI/AlteryxGalleryAPI/apiTestVersion2.py

b'cUR1GLrvC6TXsnNHEongxK34Qlc='

cUR1GLrvC6TXsnNHEongxK34Qlc%3D

{"data":null,"exceptionName":"UnauthorizedException","innerExceptionMessage":"","message":"The provided signature(oauth_signature) is invalid."}

(<Response [401]>, {'data': None, 'exceptionName': 'UnauthorizedException', 'innerExceptionMessage': '', 'message': 'The provided signature(oauth_signature) is invalid.'})

Please help me to get this resolved.

1 REPLY 1
PetrT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @rsamineni , how do you exactly call the API and how do exactly sign your requests? Sharing your code could help.