Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx IO Discussions

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Trying to connect to an Access Database by setting up a DSN ODBC connection

SantiagoCastro
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am trying to connect to an Access Database by setting up a DSN ODBC connection referencing the Access driver to connect to accdb files i.e in Designer selecting  “Data Sources” > Generic Connection ODBC and choosing DSN. However I am getting the following error:
"Input Data (x): The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application"
Looking at the link on how to resolve that error (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Error-quot-Input-Data-x-The-specifi...I need to install the 64-bit driver version for the database. However, in the first link provide there (“download page”) I cannot find any driver to download for Microsoft Access database. Only on the second link on that article (“Data Source page”) I could find an  Access driver for Microsoft Access 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016. After downloading it I keep having the same error message. I was told by Alteryx support that the Data Sources I am trying to use aren't natively supported by Alteryx.  Since the connection is still throwing errors with the drivers, they suggested posting this to Dev Space community to see hopefully find a solution?

2 REPLIES 2
DavidSta
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SantiagoCastro,

I have tested myself and for me there seems to be no problem.

I am running Microsoft 365 Apps in Version 16.

Pleas check if you have installed the correct Driver. This post may help. Maybe you need the Office 365 runtine instead the 2013 runtime. You can download it here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/download-and-install-microsoft-365-access-runtime-185c5a3...

Please check the correct version for yourself.

With this I was able to use a DSN Connection to an Access Database.

DavidSta_0-1656057395465.png

Best regards,

David

SantiagoCastro
5 - Atom

Thank you David, that worked!

Best

Santiago