Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

R code stuck at 50%

DarleneK
Alteryx
Alteryx

I have a user who is running their R code within Designer, it works fine in Rstudio but within Designer, the workflow runs indefinitely. The user is on Designer version 2020.3 and R studio is 1.2.5.

Below is the R code used. Essentially opening a web browser and closing the web browser. No error is returned, R tool says 50% and the workflow runs forever. I'm unsure how to proceed from here, any advice/suggestions? Thank you!

#libararies
library(RSelenium)
library(XML)
library(methods)

#start browser
rD <- rsDriver(verbose = FALSE, version = "3.7.1", chromever = "97.0.4692.71")
remdr <- rD[['client']]
remdr$navigate("https://www.ccisites.com/cci-ui/pmt/mpv")

#close browser
remdr$close()
rD$server$stop()
rm(rD, remdr)
gc()
7 REPLIES 7
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @DarleneK 

I had a similar issue with Python when trying to use Selenium, as it turned out the version of Python was different to the version i used in my IDE. It could potentially be a similar problem here.

Does anything display in the results window when running? what's the last message produced by the R tool before halting?

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
DarleneK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@TheOC The results window looks like this when running and the last message produced by the R tool is V cells xxxx xxxxx xxxx. I will do a comparison of the Python version in Designer versus R studio. If the versions don't match, should I have the Python in Designer changed to match what is in R Studio?

RcodeStuck.PNG

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @DarleneK 

Oh, no, sorry - i explained that terribly. I meant that I had previously set up Selenium through the Python tool with Python code. The two aren't linked, however, the issue may be that the version of R used in Alteryx (4.0.5 https://help.alteryx.com/product-activation-and-licensing/version-support-policy ) Maybe different from their version in R studio.
It may be worth updating their version of R studio to 4.0.5 if not already, and test their selenium example through there.

I will also give this a look on my Designer and see if I can get it working.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
DarleneK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@TheOC  I actually also misspoke, I'm re-reading my post and I said R studio version is 1.2.5? I'm sorry I believe I mistyped the user's version of R studio is 3.6.3. I will ask the user to do this and get back to you, thank you for your help!

DarleneK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@TheOC Customer confirmed they're on the same version of R and it's only Designer that keeps executing endlessly. My response was quite awhile ago so I apologize for the delay, were you able to see if Designer did the same thing for you too? 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @DarleneK 

Sorry, i didn't see your most recent reply!

Is this issue still occuring? Happy to have a further look.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
stefano_m
6 - Meteoroid

I also was testing out a script and had the same issue. I am currently using 2021.4