Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

R code stuck at 50%

DarleneK
Alteryx
Alteryx

I have a user who is running their R code within Designer, it works fine in Rstudio but within Designer, the workflow runs indefinitely. The user is on Designer version 2020.3 and R studio is 1.2.5.

Below is the R code used. Essentially opening a web browser and closing the web browser. No error is returned, R tool says 50% and the workflow runs forever. I'm unsure how to proceed from here, any advice/suggestions? Thank you!

#libararies
library(RSelenium)
library(XML)
library(methods)

#start browser
rD <- rsDriver(verbose = FALSE, version = "3.7.1", chromever = "97.0.4692.71")
remdr <- rD[['client']]
remdr$navigate("https://www.ccisites.com/cci-ui/pmt/mpv")

#close browser
remdr$close()
rD$server$stop()
rm(rD, remdr)
gc()
7 REPLIES 7
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @DarleneK 

I had a similar issue with Python when trying to use Selenium, as it turned out the version of Python was different to the version i used in my IDE. It could potentially be a similar problem here.

Does anything display in the results window when running? what's the last message produced by the R tool before halting?

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
DarleneK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@TheOC The results window looks like this when running and the last message produced by the R tool is V cells xxxx xxxxx xxxx. I will do a comparison of the Python version in Designer versus R studio. If the versions don't match, should I have the Python in Designer changed to match what is in R Studio?

RcodeStuck.PNG

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @DarleneK 

Oh, no, sorry - i explained that terribly. I meant that I had previously set up Selenium through the Python tool with Python code. The two aren't linked, however, the issue may be that the version of R used in Alteryx (4.0.5 https://help.alteryx.com/product-activation-and-licensing/version-support-policy ) Maybe different from their version in R studio.
It may be worth updating their version of R studio to 4.0.5 if not already, and test their selenium example through there.

I will also give this a look on my Designer and see if I can get it working.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
DarleneK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@TheOC  I actually also misspoke, I'm re-reading my post and I said R studio version is 1.2.5? I'm sorry I believe I mistyped the user's version of R studio is 3.6.3. I will ask the user to do this and get back to you, thank you for your help!

DarleneK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@TheOC Customer confirmed they're on the same version of R and it's only Designer that keeps executing endlessly. My response was quite awhile ago so I apologize for the delay, were you able to see if Designer did the same thing for you too? 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @DarleneK 

Sorry, i didn't see your most recent reply!

Is this issue still occuring? Happy to have a further look.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
stefano_m
6 - Meteoroid

I also was testing out a script and had the same issue. I am currently using 2021.4