Upgrading Server to version 22.1? We’ve enabled the faster AMP engine by default. Read about how these system settings changes might affect you.

We’re aware of an intermittent issue with our My Alteryx login and are actively working to have the issue corrected. If you run into an error when logging in, please try clearing all cookies or accessing the community on a different browser. Thank you for your patience!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Platform SDK UI defaultConfig not loading

rcalderon
5 - Atom

Hello

I'm trying out the new Platform SDK and I'm having trouble with the UI's default configuration. According to the docs in https://alteryx.github.io/react-comms/#/Designer%20Api/Usage you can setup the defaultConfig prop in the DesignerApi component for consistency on tool initialization. However, when I test my tool (both in Dev Harnes and in Designer) it is not until after I interact with the UI that the values for the UI components are set, before that it is as if they were non existent.

Before interacting with the UI:

rcalderon_0-1650596963646.png

After interacting with the UI:

rcalderon_1-1650597043747.png

This causes an error during initialization('Could not init plugin KeyError') if I try to access the config values in the backend without having interacted with the UI. It is not really a big deal since I can always interact with the UI without changing the default values and the tool updates correctly but I wonder if there's a way around this.

Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. Here is the snippet where I declare the defaultConfig.

const Tool = () => {

return (
    <DesignerApi messages={{}} defaultConfig={{ Configuration: { numRecords: 0, doSort: false, orderType: 'desc', fieldSelect: ''  } }}>
      <AyxAppWrapper>
        <App />
      </AyxAppWrapper>
    </DesignerApi>
  )
}
0 REPLIES 0