Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.
SOLVED

Pip Upgrade

paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

Im starting to develop a new python tool which is requiring the install of a number of additional packages. Each time I run pip install i get the message:

You are using pip version 9.0.1, however version 10.0.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'python -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

Would upgrading pip cause any issues with the Alteryx or is that safe to do?

3 REPLIES 3
wthompson
Alteryx
Alteryx

If you create a YXI tool install for your Python SDK Tool, the pip install will auto upgrade prior to install.  If you want to update pip and setup tools on your Alteryx\bini\Miniconda it will not cause any problems.

paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

@wthompson wrote:

If you create a YXI tool install for your Python SDK Tool, the pip install will auto upgrade prior to install.  If you want to update pip and setup tools on your Alteryx\bini\Miniconda it will not cause any problems.

Awesome thanks its the setup tools bit I was mainly wondering about but the pip install for a particular tool is awesome too.

Anuj
8 - Asteroid

what YXI tool ?