Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Issue in 2019.3 with Python tool as first tool in workflow

cam_w
11 - Bolide

I'm using snakeplane to develop a custom tool and it was working fine until I took the optional input connection away and made it the first tool to execute in the workflow.

Here's a screenshot showing the debug without the input to the custom tool and then adding the input (with 0 records) back to the custom tool.

2019-10-11_14-51-24.png

4 REPLIES 4
BlytheE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @cam_w! Would it be possible to attach your tool and a workflow with the tool in it? That makes it easier to test and troubleshoot. Thanks!

cam_w
11 - Bolide

Hey @BlytheE 

Sorry, been busy and unable to create a tool that I can share here. A confirmation that this is expected/unexpected behavior might be enough for now, until I can get something back to you.

DrewE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This is definitely undesired, if you post an issue on the Github repo we'd be happy to address this in the near future!

cam_w
11 - Bolide

Thanks @DrewE ! I got some time today to make a quick example tool to show the behavior. Posted to github as requested.