Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.
SOLVED

Have python OR alteryx pop out a box to user when they run analytics tool

nshapir2
7 - Meteor

I am building a ML model in python that will be run with the analytics tool. currently a dataframe with the r^2 is being printed to a .csv file. Is there a way to have alteryx output a message box that says for Model X is the r^2 is "r^2 value" ? or something of that sort?

The code runs in python that is the final step of the flow. 

18 REPLIES 18
NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @nshapir2 , if you're using the Python tool in Alteryx Designer, you can use the print function to write to the Results window, see below...

NeilR_0-1637336327671.png

nshapir2
7 - Meteor

hmm but I am using analytics app? 

nshapir2
7 - Meteor

@NeilR will this print to the log in alteryx gallery?

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Ah, for an app you'll want to use reporting tools and output to a pcxml file. See attached.

nshapir2
7 - Meteor

so I followed this procedure in Alteryx, and I can produce the file but the output says [Message] rather than what is stored in the message. 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @nshapir2 

Ensure the output from the python tool that you want to display, is called 'Message':

TheOC_0-1637762648469.png

If not, it will product the issue you are receiving.

Bulien
nshapir2
7 - Meteor

I am running in an analytics tool. It should be called message? the dataframe I created has message stored in it.

its a dataframe with message 1 and message 2, (two rows). That I write to output 1

nshapir2
7 - Meteor

@NeilR @TheOC 

I need to output the messages in alteryx gallery. How can I accomplish this?

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@nshapir2 I provided an example of how this can be done with the above python_example.yxwz example. If you're having trouble replicating it perhaps you can attach the workflow you're creating so that we can troubleshoot it?