Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Feature Suggestion: Lock Tool Settings

Jason_
7 - Meteor

It would be great to be able to lock tool settings so that they can not be accidently changed. This could be an individual tool check box setting, but would ideally be a canvas or workflow level setting. Any user should be able to unlock the tools for editing (optionally, this can be a password protected canvas level setting to prevent users from unlocking tools and changing settings unless authorized to do so.)

Use case:

Assume a large complex workflow needs a change, but the user is not absolutely sure where and needs to review tool settings on a few tools before finding the one they want to change. While doing this, they could accidently change a setting somewhere introducing a new bug. If the tools were locked for editing while reviewing, then unlocked once the correct tool was identified,  this scenario would be preventable.

3 REPLIES 3
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @Jason_ 

Really cool idea!
I would suggest posting this over on the Designer Ideas section of the forum - so it can follow the correct channel.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
Jason_
7 - Meteor

Thanks @TheOC

I have created a copy of this post at https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Feature-Suggestion-Lock-Tool-Settings/idi-p/...

Thanks for pointing this out. I wasn't sure of the correct place to register this.

Please upvote the idea and share the word.

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Awesome - dropped it a like! 😀

Bulien