Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Encryption Custom tool - which method to use - NET/Python

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

I have a specific use case where I have to design a pair of custom tools for encryption/decryption of file using AES 256 bit cryptographic method. Upon my research I have come across the two possible scenarios of either using the NET API or the Python SDK to build the connectors.

As I am not well versed in NET, I want to ask, which method out of the two will deliver the best performance and security measure. For example if I use Python then how best can I protect the code from prying eyes as it will have sensitive data. Same goes for the DLL files generated for the NET API

And if there is a third player eligible for this like C++/ R tool, I would like to hear your opinion on that as well

Thanks and Have a great day

1 REPLY 1
TashaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @fardeen9983 ! 

I would advise not leveraging the .NET capabilities since they will be deprecated at the end of the year.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/C-NET-SDK-Deprecation-Announcement-...

@CassC  any thoughts on the Python part of this?

Best,

Tasha