Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Enabling Disabling Containers based on a Condition

KirillZ
5 - Atom
Hi all,

I have a question regarding enable/disable container tool. I want to run a branch with Python code only on Mondays. So i've decided to put it all in a container and add a condition to enable it, but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe I missed something or there are other solutions?

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @KirillZ 

Are you able to attach that part of your workflow to this thread please?

I'll have a look at your configuration.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
BobR
8 - Asteroid

I don't think the condition tool works like you are trying to use it. Its meant t be used with interactive input. So if you put this tool in and run the workflow as a workflow I don't think its executing and therefore your container will always be in its default state.

What I've done in this situation is 1 of three things.

1. Put code in a macro that is called from another workflow. This way the interface tools can be used and can effect change
  2. Just put a simple filter before the Monday code. If Monday I return true, otherwise return false. That way zero records are flowing into that code block effectively preventing execution.
  3. Since you are already using python you can put a check at the top of the python script to check for the day of the week.

Hope this helps. otherwise as @KirillZ said if you can provide a snippet that at least demonstrates your logic that isn't working we can give more feedback.

nduan
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @KirillZ 

I would recommend checking out this solution: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Run-Container-workflow-by-condition/td...

This would be using #1 of @BobR 's solutions above.