Alteryx IO Discussions

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

App That Updates Input File Path Not Running in Gallery

hector_ferronato
5 - Atom

Hello everybody, I am trying to understand why an app that runs succesfully as an analytic app in Alteryx Designer won't run in Gallery

I need to update the input file based on users choice in ayx gallery, and ultimately via api call using questions json formatted.

I have tried 3 different versions of this app, one using File browse, action tool, text input, and dynamic input to update the input data file path:

ayx_gallery_input_upadte_app_problem2.JPG
Another one using file browse and action tool to update the input data file path:

ayx_gallery_input_upadte_app_problem.JPG
Another one using text box and action tool to update the input data file path:

hector_ferronato_1-1664321072864.png
All of them run successfully in Designer, but once saved to private gallery it gives this error when running:hector_ferronato_0-1664321014936.png
I keep getting a TypeLoadException RequestID error.

I have searched all possible topics here in the community, and tried the solutions mentioned. Nothing worked.
Can someone help me with this app to update the input data file path once pushed to the gallery and then to be called via api?

2 REPLIES 2
ebotti
5 - Atom

I am having the same issue and similarly have found no other helpful sources. The only solutions I have found involve not using the folder browse tool which of course isn't being used here.

Interestingly my workflow uses the same textbox to text input tool that yours does so maybe that is part of what is causing the issue and not the top part of the workflow you have marked in red. I am curious if you have found a solution or workaround to this issue.

SuryaM
5 - Atom

hello,

I have tested on my server as per your second image, it's working fine for me and browsing the file as user per user choice. I am not sure why you are not able to do it.

can you send your sample workflow? I will try to look into it

Thank you...!